Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Warnings and error badges not being displayed(Warnings and errors for a diagram I'm creating aren't being displayed.)
Warnings and error badges not being displayed [message #1706244] Tue, 25 August 2015 09:14 Go to next message
Matt Turnbull is currently offline Matt TurnbullFriend
Hi,

I seem to have a problem with the BPMN2 modeller on Eclipse Mars and OS X Yosemite. Everything works well, except that warnings and errors for a diagram I'm creating aren't being displayed. A colleague of mine who's running Ubuntu 15.04, the same version of Eclipse and its modules is managing to see the errors so I can be certain that they're there.

I've tried the following so far:-

• Saving and refreshing.
  • Opening the problems tab (Window > Show View > Problems > Other...) to see if they're listed there, which is blank.
  • A fresh install of Eclipse and all of its modules.

I've attached a screenshot of my colleague's warnings as an example.

Afraid I'm at my wits' end, any help would be greatly appreciated! Shocked
Re: Warnings and error badges not being displayed [message #1706257 is a reply to message #1706244] Tue, 25 August 2015 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Solved it, I was being an idiot. Turns out I was opening the individual diagrams rather than importing the project (File > Import). Embarrassed

[Updated on: Tue, 25 August 2015 12:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Warnings and error badges not being displayed [message #1706259 is a reply to message #1706257] Tue, 25 August 2015 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...Fixed, it was indeed me being an idiot. I'd opened the diagrams individually (File > Open file) rather than importing the entire project (File > Import). :-/
Re: Warnings and error badges not being displayed [message #1706260 is a reply to message #1706257] Tue, 25 August 2015 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...I am indeed an idiot, turns out I was opening individual diagrams instead of importing the entire project (File > Import)!
Re: Warnings and error badges not being displayed [message #1706266 is a reply to message #1706244] Tue, 25 August 2015 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Matt,

Validation is only done if the project has the BPMN2 nature and BPMN2 builder defined. When you first save a BPMN2 process, the editor should ask if you would like to install that nature and builder if they're not already there. You can also install them manually through the eclipse project preferences.

HTH,
Bob
Re: Warnings and error badges not being displayed [message #1706267 is a reply to message #1706257] Tue, 25 August 2015 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Matt,

Validation is only done if the project has the BPMN2 Nature and Builder installed. When you save a BPMN2 process the first time in a new project, the editor should ask if you want to install the nature and builder if they're not already there. You can also install them manually from the project preferences page.

HTH,
Bob
Re: Warnings and error badges not being displayed [message #1706329 is a reply to message #1706267] Tue, 25 August 2015 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see, thanks for clarifying Bob.
Re: Warnings and error badges not being displayed [message #1706541 is a reply to message #1706329] Thu, 27 August 2015 15:12 Go to previous message

Hehe...I see you were confused about the eclipse forum too, posting multiple replies because it seemed that the first one didn't show up immediately on the forum like it usually does Wink Must have been a temporary glitch at eclipse.org

[Updated on: Thu, 27 August 2015 15:13]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Extending Resoure element
Next Topic:Cannot add Called Element containing a hyphen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:10:25 GMT 2024