Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » (RSE) Proxy settings for FTP connection(How can i configure a FTP proxy)
(RSE) Proxy settings for FTP connection [message #1705957] Thu, 20 August 2015 12:18 Go to next message
Rainer Fischinger is currently offline Rainer FischingerFriend
Hi guys,

i'm new at Eclipse and already worked with several IDE's (Aptana, PHPEdit...). Eclipse is the first one where i have troubles connecting to our FTP servers Sad.

I can't connect to our external servers, always get a connection timeout, which reason is probably the proxy setting.

I already set Preferences -> Network connection -> Active Provider to manual and set the correct proxy/port for HTTP and HTTPS. This works because i get all content in marketplace and "install new software" feature.

But every FTP connect to external fails, because i have to set a own FTP proxy setting (like i do in every other IDE) - so with a different port. How can i set the FTP proxy in Eclipse?

By the way, FTP connections to internal servers (without a proxy) work properly.

Please help
Re: (RSE) Proxy settings for FTP connection [message #1706083 is a reply to message #1705957] Fri, 21 August 2015 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
RSE uses Apache Commons Net for its FTP provider.

Check if http://wiki.apache.org/commons/Net/FrequentlyAskedQuestions helps resolving your issue.
Re: (RSE) Proxy settings for FTP connection [message #1706217 is a reply to message #1706083] Tue, 25 August 2015 06:31 Go to previous message
Rainer Fischinger is currently offline Rainer FischingerFriend
Unfortunately that doesn't really help me. Both links (marc.theaimesgroup.com and the Java properties doc) are dead and there is no hint how to solve this if not using a SOCKS4 or SOCKS5 proxy. We now had to bypass the affected users for not using the proxy for FTP. But that seems pretty unusual to me that it's necessary to change the network for using Eclipse. As i already mentioned, every other IDE has no problems with setting correct FTP proxies what let me reflect again if Eclipse is the right environment for us.
Previous Topic:Daemon Server on Windows for FTP
Next Topic:ssh terminal issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:37:25 GMT 2024