Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » [Sequence diagram] Inheritance and import issues
[Sequence diagram] Inheritance and import issues [message #1705919] Thu, 20 August 2015 06:15
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
As I have mentioned in previous posts, I'm heavily dependent on a base model in which I have standard functions and libraries of parts and signals for the purpose of standardized reuse in customer specific models.

If I create such a customer model and create a block who's parts are one of the standard functions from the base model (which is imported), and one customer specific, I would like to (in an interaction) pass a message from the part from the base model to the part that is customer specific.

index.php/fa/22972/0/

However, when I draw an asynchronous message, the list in which I'm supposed to choose an existing element is empty. It appears as this list is only populated with signals local to the customer model, and not signals from the base model.

I tried to create a customer specific signal which I specialized from the corresponding signal in the base model, but now instead I can't show the signal parameter and its value.

index.php/fa/22973/0/

I'm I doing something wrong?

If this is a bug/unforseen use case, is there a workaround?

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist
Previous Topic:I need a List of the diagram tool ID's in Papyrus
Next Topic:Hide compartments in a Block using CSS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:02:37 GMT 2024