Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Java Content Assist configuration not saved (Java Content Assist configuration not saved 1)
Java Content Assist configuration not saved [message #1705715] Tue, 18 August 2015 13:46 Go to next message
Chen Engel is currently offline Chen EngelFriend
As a beginner, I recognized in "Content assist", that there is an option to get code recommendations. From some reason after enabling all code recommendations possible, when using Eclipse, those code recommendation settings go back to being disabled, upon exiting the configuration window.

I received a reply from you:
"1. It does not make sense to have Mylyn AND JDT AND Code Recommenders Completion enabled. Thus, if Code Recommenders is enabled and it recognizes that either Mylyn or JDT is enabled as well, it disables the other two for the next completion run.

2. The deactivation of chain completion and adaptive code templates on primary content assist page is also intended since both engine are potentially slow and should only run when explicitly requested. Thus, if they detect that they are on the primary content assist page, they disable themselves as well."

since it's not clear when content setting disables themselves, I would like to ask...
What setting should I enable to optimize Java programming on Eclipse, and get as much help from the IDE as possible, without the settings disabling themselves?
Also for future reference, where should I post questions like these?
Re: Java Content Assist configuration not saved [message #1706254 is a reply to message #1705715] Tue, 25 August 2015 11:19 Go to previous message
Chen Engel is currently offline Chen EngelFriend
I see that there is no chance to get a response here...
Previous Topic:Java Shift+F2 open API documentation not working
Next Topic:Happy to Help with Question and Answers for Developers Forum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:39:47 GMT 2024