Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Creating extended diagram types based on the delivered ones(Can't find needed sources to do so without doing all from the ground up (new model file, new gmfgraph file, and so on))
Creating extended diagram types based on the delivered ones [message #1705297] Thu, 13 August 2015 14:56 Go to next message
Boerries Klatt is currently offline Boerries KlattFriend
I would like to extend a diagram type delivered by Papyrus (the deployment diagram e.g.). I want to include additional artifacts (not stereotypes) it can't process now. Additional "Artifacts" mean additional edges like an association link.

Of course, I could create a new diagram type using GMF.

But as I don't want to create a totally new diagram type, I would be happy to use the GMF files used by the Papyrus team when building the delivered diagrams (.gmfgraph, .gmfmap, and so on).

All I can find is the DeploymentDiagram.gmfgen file (in the org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.deployment plugin). With this alone I don't now how to customize the diagram without starting with a totally new .ecore file.

No one of all the tutorials I found and read gave me a hint where I can find the appropriate source files. Could somebody point me to the right direction, please?

I'm using Papyrus 1.0.1 on Eclipse Mars, by the way.
Re: Creating extended diagram types based on the delivered ones [message #1705560 is a reply to message #1705297] Mon, 17 August 2015 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boerries Klatt is currently offline Boerries KlattFriend
Mmh, no answer yet - does this mean:

1. not possible?
2. question not clear enough?
3. ?
Re: Creating extended diagram types based on the delivered ones [message #1707129 is a reply to message #1705560] Wed, 02 September 2015 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

This is definitely possible on Papyrus Mars (1.1.0+), using the "Diagram Expansion" model of Papyrus. However, there is still a lack of documentation and examples: we're currently using this mechanism to provide new SysML 1.4 Diagrams, as well as for the Papyrus-RT project. Once these implementations are complete, we should be able to provide complete documentation (and examples)

You may already have a look at the Papyrus/SysML 1.4 git repository to find examples, but please keep in mind that this is still work-in-progress

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Creating extended diagram types based on the delivered ones [message #1745875 is a reply to message #1705297] Tue, 18 October 2016 16:37 Go to previous message
Vetle Volden-Freberg is currently offline Vetle Volden-FrebergFriend
Hello Boerries, did you figure out how to expand the existing diagrams in Papyrus?

Regards Vetle VF.
Previous Topic:StateMachine validation fails
Next Topic:State Machine connector labels
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:28:08 GMT 2024