Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to data loop at parent test case level(How to data loop at parent test case level which has multiple child test cases that have reference data parameters)
How to data loop at parent test case level [message #1705199] Wed, 12 August 2015 18:17 Go to next message
Shyam Meduri is currently offline Shyam MeduriFriend
Hi,

I am trying to look for a way to loop through my test cases at parent test cases level using data sets. I am having a parent test case where I am referring to two other test cases. These two child test cases have reference parameters and the data is defined in a Central Data Set. However, when I create multiple data items within this Data set, and start test execution. The looping happens at each child test case level. i.e. the first test case loops as many number of times as the data items and then the second test case. Instead I want the looping to happen at the parent test case level. i.e. the first test case run with the first data items and then the second test case run with the same item and then both run sequentially for the second data item etc.

I am not sure how to achieve this. I tried to go through the documentation but I didn't seem to find anything related to this, unless I missed something.
Can someone help me with this?

Thanks
Shyam
Re: How to data loop at parent test case level [message #1705375 is a reply to message #1705199] Fri, 14 August 2015 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi,

have you tried to parametrize the used Parameters up to the parent TC?

[+] Parent-TC (PARAM1, PARAM2)
[+] Child-TC1 (=PARAM1)
[+] Child-TC2 (=PARAM2)

Regards
Oliver
Re: How to data loop at parent test case level [message #1706125 is a reply to message #1705375] Mon, 24 August 2015 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Oliver,
I think I observed two things. If the child test case is a test case referenced by refactoring steps from parent test case itself, then parameterizing up to the parent is working.
However, for two other child test cases, where I referenced them manually in the parent test case, it didn't work.
Anyway will try this a little more to get a clear idea.

I have one more question not really related to this topic. Is there a way, we can save a variable stored in a previous step to an external file say txt, csv or excel file?

Regards
Shyam
Re: How to data loop at parent test case level [message #1706225 is a reply to message #1706125] Tue, 25 August 2015 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Shyam,

regarding your last question:
Have you tried to use ub_app_storeValue?
Regards
Oliver
Re: How to data loop at parent test case level [message #1707059 is a reply to message #1706225] Tue, 01 September 2015 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Oliver,

I am not sure about how to use ub_app_storeValue.
I am basically working on writing these tests on ITE and I know and used Store Value in Application context as well as in a Table context. However, that only stores it to a variable. I would be fine if I know some way to dump the variable value to a file (txt or csv or excel).
Is the ub_app_storeValue that you are referring to related to writing tests using API in Java?

Regards
Shyam
Re: How to data loop at parent test case level [message #1707077 is a reply to message #1707059] Wed, 02 September 2015 06:33 Go to previous message
Hi Shyam,

maybe you can find a way to do this by using the modules ub_app_storeValue (to store a certain value e.g. given in a table in a variable) in combination with ub_app_executeExternalCommand
Regards
Oliver
Previous Topic:Tests on more than one AUT
Next Topic:Detecting change of color background
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:02:30 GMT 2024