Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » getting eclipse php programs to run in Apache server(all attempts to date have failed, need advice to resolve this problem)
getting eclipse php programs to run in Apache server [message #1704212] Sat, 08 August 2015 22:33 Go to next message
Will Klem is currently offline Will KlemFriend
disclamer: An associate has told me that if I can make this happen without his help, he will give me programming projects designed to help me learn. This is not any sort of school assignment.

I have no previous experience with IDEs or web servers; so my learning curve is real steep, especially with no direction provided. I have spent nearly three weeks researching, and reading to enable me to run php programs on Apache server. One problem I have encountered in research is that most of the tutorials deal with Apache Tomcat and/ or Linux. I am using Eclipse and Apache for Windows, because this is the combination that my associate requires me to use.

I am including basic configuration information first, followed by a description of the problems I have encountered.

The information below reflects instructions I have gleaned from various tutorials.

Installation information:
Eclipse 4.5.0 Mars for Windows (C:\Users\will\eclipse)
php PDT plugin 3.5 (from Eclipse market place)
Apache 2.4 (C:\apache24)
php 5.6.11 (C:\php)

My hosts file has been edited to include this,
127.0.0.1 mywebsite.localdomain php
Per tutorial instructions, I have created these folders:
C:\Users\will\mywebsite
C:\Users\will\workspace

Various edits have been made in httpd.conf and httpd-vhosts.config. (I will give details upon request.) I have also created a php.ini file in C:\php.

Here is what I have experienced.
I can run my php program by typing http://mywebsite.localdomain/hello.php in the address bar of my browser. Attempting to run in Eclipse as PHP web application or run on server yields nothing. Attempting to create a new server displays Apache Tomcat options to choose from. I do not have Tomcat installed. Using file>new>other>server in Eclipse, I have not been able to successfully configure the server.

Please, give me some step-wise instructions, ask me for details of .conf files for you to examine, or other useful advice. Please, remember I am rank newbie.

Thank you for your time and replies.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 August 2015 22:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: getting eclipse php programs to run in Apache server [message #1705056 is a reply to message #1704212] Tue, 11 August 2015 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have resolved half of the problem.

I can now run my program in Eclipse as PHP web application. I deleted my existing files and rewrote them. I also included the files in HTDOCS (as well as C:\Users\will\mywebsite and C:\Users\will\workspace). I don't understand why this helped, but it did. As for the run on server option, my associate told me that I don't need to attempt this until after I have more experience. Then he will provide some helpful hints.

I thank the many who have viewed this post for taking the time to read it.
Re: getting eclipse php programs to run in Apache server [message #1705066 is a reply to message #1705056] Tue, 11 August 2015 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 08/11/2015 10:19 AM, Will Klem wrote:
> I have resolved half of the problem.
> I can now run my program in Eclipse as PHP web application. I deleted my
> existing files and rewrote them. I also included the files in HTDOCS (as
> well as C:\Users\will\mywebsite and C:\Users\will\workspace). I don't
> understand why this helped, but it did. As for the run on server option,
> my associate told me that I don't need to attempt this until after I
> have more experience. Then he will provide some helpful hints.
>
> I thank the many who have viewed this post for taking the time to read it.

Will,

I didn't reply for fear I wasn't understanding what you were asking.
Please note that there is an Eclipse PDT forum where you'll get more
"birds of a feather" information on Eclipse and PHP.

Hope this helps.
Re: getting eclipse php programs to run in Apache server [message #1705864 is a reply to message #1705066] Wed, 19 August 2015 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell,

First of all, for some reason I am not getting alerts to replies. That is why I have not responded to your reply. ...my apologies...
Thanks for the feedback. I was not aware of the more specialized forum. I will use it as needed.
Re: getting eclipse php programs to run in Apache server [message #1705865 is a reply to message #1705864] Wed, 19 August 2015 15:11 Go to previous message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 08/19/2015 08:50 AM, Will Klem wrote:
> Russell,
>
> First of all, for some reason I am not getting alerts to replies. That
> is why I have not responded to your reply. ...my apologies...
> Thanks for the feedback. I was not aware of the more specialized forum.
> I will use it as needed.

This forum uses a news server (how I do it) and a web page. I don't
think there is notification.
Previous Topic:Port is configured with wrong protocol "http"
Next Topic:Help Please!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:27:29 GMT 2024