Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » How to create a SVN repository location(Plugin used: Subversive)
How to create a SVN repository location [message #1704157] Fri, 07 August 2015 18:02 Go to next message
Claudio Weiler is currently offline Claudio WeilerFriend
On Eclipse Setup Editor, for a product setup Oomph file, there is a "Git Clone" task, how do I create a SVN repository location?

I use Subversive plugin, on SVN Repositories view, context menu New > Repository Location...

Thanks!!

[Updated on: Mon, 10 August 2015 20:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Ho to create a SVN repository location [message #1704223 is a reply to message #1704157] Sun, 09 August 2015 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Claudio,

Sorry we have no open source equivalent for SVN. For that the best you
can currently accomplish is a ProjectSet import task to import from a *.psf.

On 07/08/2015 8:02 PM, Claudio Weiler wrote:
> On Eclipse Setup Editor, for a product setup Oomph file, there is a
> "Git Clone" task, how do I create a SVN repository location?
>
> I use Subversive plugin, on SVN Repositories view, context menu New >
> Repository Location...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Ho to create a SVN repository location [message #1704921 is a reply to message #1704223] Mon, 10 August 2015 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Weiler is currently offline Claudio WeilerFriend
I managed to create a SVN repository by preference task, but it needs to be created previously:

1. On an installed Eclipse, create your SVN repository location;
2. Export > Preferences > SVN Repositories > save to file...;
3. Generated preference will be something like this:
/instance/org.eclipse.team.svn.core/repositories/b0e9b8f3072000151709b8c389885bcc=b0e9b8f3072000151709b8c389885bcc;https://server.com/migracao;migracao@server.com;branches;tags;trunk;true;b5c5bdf7-d22c-4644-85fd-b1f39391dfcf;https://server.com/migracao;;false;;;0;
4. Create a preference tasks with this info.

It worked with clean install, and in previous installations it created the location on startup.

Remarks
a. It refers to Subversive plugin;
b. The value "b0e9b8f3072000151709b8c389885bcc" is used internally to get access credentials from Eclipse secure storage, it could be changed, but do it with care on the 2 occurrences, I don't know the consequences!!!
c. The value "b5c5bdf7-d22c-4644-85fd-b1f39391dfcf" is used internally by the subversive plugin as repository UUID, do not change this!!!
d. I you already have credentials to this server saved in Eclipse secure storage it will use them, even with different value mentioned in b remark.

I'm still trying to understand the relation between SVN repository locations and Eclipse secure storage, but this usage seems to be fine...

Regards!!!
Re: Ho to create a SVN repository location - Easier Solution [message #1783027 is a reply to message #1704921] Tue, 06 March 2018 20:34 Go to previous message
Mark Crocker is currently offline Mark CrockerFriend
Actually, I found that if one just copies the text of the epf file obtained by using the export described in the last task and pastes it into the top level node in a Project setup editor, that it generates a resource create task that does what we need, plus has a few extra preferences thrown in for good measure :-)

One caveat is that it will not overwrite an existing file, which seems like a good safety feature, but it also can be a little confusing when testing on an existing project that just has a stub file in place.

Another surprise is that the secure storage hashes, which caused me a lot of problems when trying to copy the file manually, did not cause any problems when used on another system with or without secure storage setup, though, naturally one needs to re-enter username/password on the new system to get things to work correctly, but that's exactly the behavior we want when creating a project setup for others to use.
Previous Topic:Would like a eclipse-inst-win64.zip
Next Topic:Variables in Oomph
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:42:29 GMT 2024