Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Custom application based on Eclipse IDE(What is the preffered way to build a custom application based on Eclipse IDE?)
Custom application based on Eclipse IDE [message #1703894] Wed, 05 August 2015 16:37 Go to next message
Alexander Zavodnikov is currently offline Alexander ZavodnikovFriend
Hello Eclipse Community,

what is the preffered way to build a custom e4 application based on Eclipse IDE?

I have to develop a plugin which contains the whole application (Parts, Commands etc.)
This plugin has be integrable into another Eclipse-IDE based applications. Custom perspectives, preferences etc. must appear in standard Eclipse-IDE dialogs. The default application must contain only custom stuff along with standard Eclipse-IDE dialogs.

How should the custom plugin contribute at the application - perhaps by contributing application model fragments?

What is the way to strip standard Eclipse-IDE so that there is no standard parts/perspectives but standard dialogs and wizards? And what is the way to include standard IDE parts/perspectives into custom application?

Re: Custom application based on Eclipse IDE [message #1704940 is a reply to message #1703894] Tue, 11 August 2015 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
.. try to answer my complex newbe-driven question.

All the explorers and dialogs all provided by some plugins and it is rather heavy and unusual to customize them. As far I understand I have to program explorers and dialogs in some way.

And yes, application model fragments seem to be there, search for Eclipse4Modularity in web...
Re: Custom application based on Eclipse IDE [message #1708071 is a reply to message #1704940] Sat, 12 September 2015 07:54 Go to previous message
...just for all you Eclipse newcomers out there:

I have managed to build that IDE-based application without curtailments. I configured to use Main Menu, Project Explorer, Console View, Problems View, Progress etc. All that I have not coded but reused just like I planed to. The Preference and Property Pages show only custom contents and my e4 editor plugin contributes via fragments.

so it is possible, good luck

[Updated on: Mon, 14 September 2015 15:45]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to build a Fortran project ???
Next Topic:Eclipse Juno Crashes Frequently without warning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:45:08 GMT 2024