Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » [EMFTVM] Editor confused by double quotes (")
[EMFTVM] Editor confused by double quotes (") [message #1703891] Wed, 05 August 2015 16:17 Go to next message
Fernando Macias is currently offline Fernando MaciasFriend
Hi,

I have adapted one of my old ATL projects to EMFTVM. There, I used some enumerated values, where some of them are called String, Integer, etc. In order to avoid parsing errors when using those reserved words, I was told to use #"Name" instead of #Name, e.g. #"String".

This wasn't a problem with the ATL editor before, but as soon as I switched to EMFTVM, it started getting confused by those quotes: depending on where I have placed the text cursor, it shows all text in italics, or the correct way, or both, mixing fragments in different text styles. I attach a screencast for clarification. Is there a solution for this?

Just to clarify, this does not affect the execution, but makes edition a bit painful.

Cheers,

Fernando

[Updated on: Wed, 05 August 2015 16:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EMFTVM] Editor confused by double quotes (") [message #1706648 is a reply to message #1703891] Fri, 28 August 2015 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

The ATL editor is not part of EMFTVM, but installing the latest version of EMFTVM also installs the latest version of ATL itself. The latest version of the ATL editor apparently has a bug when formatting quoted text.

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: [EMFTVM] Editor confused by double quotes (") [message #1706802 is a reply to message #1706648] Mon, 31 August 2015 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. Should I report it as a bug, then? I have checked the bug list and it does not seem to have been reported yet.
Re: [EMFTVM] Editor confused by double quotes (") [message #1707254 is a reply to message #1706802] Thu, 03 September 2015 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

Yes, but specify the full ATL version number (incl. build number) in the description, so that it's clear that the bug concerns a snapshot build.

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: [EMFTVM] Editor confused by double quotes (") [message #1707644 is a reply to message #1707254] Tue, 08 September 2015 10:01 Go to previous message
Done: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=476860

Thanks for your help Dennis!
Previous Topic:Metamodel registering
Next Topic:ATL-Builder doesn't create .asm files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:13:57 GMT 2024