Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » JUnit Help(JUnit Launch configuration)
JUnit Help [message #1703866] Wed, 05 August 2015 13:28
Jason Bornstein is currently offline Jason BornsteinFriend
Basically, I'm trying to set up junit launch configurations for different modules in my project. One of our application's dependencies is that we need to run some tests from a module that we call "IntegrationTests", even though the test class resides within the given module. IntegrationTests is set up with the full application's classpath and dependencies while the individual module is not (and cannot have a dependency to IntegrationTests because where IntegrationTests is located will vary based on which version of the application is used).

Eclipse lets me select to run a single test, and specify the project as IntegrationTests and find the class I want to test from within my module, and everything works fine. But when I want to run all tests from a package/project/folder (which is required to run all integration tests in this module), it doesn't let me choose to have IntegrationTests as the project, and Eclipse sets the project to the module whose package/project/folder was selected and doesn't let me have control of the Project setting.

It works when I go into the .launch file and edit it to use IntegrationTests as the project, but Eclipse will revert it whenever I view the run configuration.

Is there a way to prevent Eclipse from reverting it? Is there a way to have Eclipse allow "Project" to be a parameter for running all tests in a package/project/folder?

I've tried setting the classpath for the launch configuration to include the IntegrationTests module, but everything I've tried is missing dependencies and has test failures. Setting the project to IntegrationTests is the only way it worked correctly. This is a launch configuration that has to be repeated to several modules, so maintenance is not feasible.
Previous Topic:Webinar (Aug 11): How to create Cross-Platform Automated GUI Tests for Java Apps
Next Topic:TestNG plugin not showing test results in testNG output view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:18:50 GMT 2024