Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » Superimposition of multiple modules
Superimposition of multiple modules [message #1703752] Tue, 04 August 2015 16:39 Go to next message
Alexander R is currently offline Alexander RFriend
Hi all,

I would like to know how ATL manages the superimposition of mulitple modules.
If the superimposition-order looks like this in the .properties file of an ATL-Plugin:

# ATL modules: if several, by order of superimposition (the latter ones overrides the former ones)
SuperModule_A2B.modules = module0.atl, module1.atl, initializations.atl

how does the superimposed-module looks like at "load-time"?
Wich representation is the right one, in the following image (left, right, or bottom?)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18688378/eclipseCoding/ATL/superimposition_order.JPG

I assumed it was the "left" representation, but after reading this paper:
ftp://prog.vub.ac.be/tech_report/2009/vub-soft-tr-09-10.pdf
I wasn't sure any more..

Thanks a lot!

Alex

[Updated on: Tue, 04 August 2015 16:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Superimposition of multiple modules [message #1706650 is a reply to message #1703752] Fri, 28 August 2015 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

Your code snippet specifies the loading order for the modules, where module0.atl is loaded first, and initializations.atl is loaded last. Therefore, module0.atl is at the bottom of your superimposition stack, and initializations.atl at the top (i.e. initializations.atl can override everything).

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: Superimposition of multiple modules [message #1706691 is a reply to message #1706650] Fri, 28 August 2015 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

thanks for your anwser. So you mean the stack of the superimposition looks like this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18688378/eclipseCoding/ATL/superimposition/superimposition.JPG

But wouldn't this mean, that it is not possible to access transformation-rules in "initialization-module" from the module 0 ?

Cause I am exactly doing this, I am using rules of the "last-loaded-module" in my "first-loaded-module".

Or does it not matter, from where I access transformation rules, as long as all rules are loaded in the superimposition stack?

Thanks for your help!

~Alex
Re: Superimposition of multiple modules [message #1706718 is a reply to message #1706691] Sat, 29 August 2015 06:28 Go to previous message
Hello,

you were right! I've just checked it.

So the "init-module" is a superimposition of the "module1" and
"module1" is a superimposition of "module0"...

Thx
Previous Topic:Transform Ecore model to UML model
Next Topic:Unable to resolve OCL pivot variable types in standalone mode during an ATL transformation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:20:15 GMT 2024