Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Mars CSS Location?(Where can the CSS file for Mars be found?)
Mars CSS Location? [message #1703705] Tue, 04 August 2015 10:41 Go to next message
biz box is currently offline biz boxFriend
Hello. I have always wanted to hide the status bar at the bottom of eclipse. Having researched the topic it became apparent that it can be achieved with the following steps. However, I have never been able to locate the CSS file in question. I am using Eclipse 4.5.0 on Linux.
Where can this CSS file be found?

Quote:

With CSS in Eclipse Juno there are endless possibilities to style Eclipse the way you like: edit the eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.platform_4.2.2.v201302041200/css/e4_default_mac.css (adapt it to your Eclipse version and operating system).

There, add the following lines:

#org-eclipse-ui-trim-status,
#org-eclipse-ui-trim-vertical1,
#org-eclipse-ui-trim-vertical2 {
visibility: hidden;
}
Now, not only the status bar but also the bars on the left and right are hidden. Before doing that, you might open the views you like to have and bring them to your preferred positions and assign a shortcut to them so that they will pop up whenever (and only when) you need them. Of course, you can undo that change any time.

Re: Mars CSS Location? [message #1719166 is a reply to message #1703705] Tue, 05 January 2016 17:43 Go to previous message
Jack Beaudet is currently offline Jack BeaudetFriend
Sorry to bump an old thread but I feed it needed an answer. On linux mint, this file was in /home/YOUR_USERNAME/.p2/pool/plugins/org.eclipse.ui.themes_1.1.0.v20150511-0913/css
Previous Topic:No Spring Project in Menu New!
Next Topic:Reset Perspective closes all minimized view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:10:11 GMT 2024