Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Adding PHAR to build path(Trying to add PHPUnit 4.7.7 phar to build path seems to give an error)
icon4.gif  Adding PHAR to build path [message #1703581] Mon, 03 August 2015 10:32 Go to next message
Eli Coten is currently offline Eli CotenFriend
I am trying to use Eclipse to write unit tests with PHPUnit.

I added PHPUnit to my include path and Eclipse started giving me auto-complete options for the PHPUnit methods, etc which was really helpful.

Then I updated the phpunit phar (which is installed on my system in /usr/local/bin/phpunit.phar) using it's self-update option and since then Eclipse puts a little red x on that PHPUnit entry in the include path and if I try to remove it and re-add it a messages comes up at the top of the dialog box that says:

Build path entry is invalid: org.eclipse.dltk.core.environment.localEnvironment/:/usr/local/bin/phpunit.phar

NB Using Eclipse Mars 4.5.0 with the latest updates installed.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Re: Adding PHAR to build path [message #1715224 is a reply to message #1703581] Fri, 20 November 2015 11:32 Go to previous message
Eli Coten is currently offline Eli CotenFriend
I've since managed to work around the problem by adding the PHPUnit PHAR as a User Library in Eclipse and then adding the user library to the project. That worked for a while (including auto-complete and ctrl+click) and was brilliant...

Until I updated to MARS.1, and now it's not working again Sad

[Updated on: Fri, 20 November 2015 11:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:PHP Debugger error
Next Topic:PDT 3.5 released together with Eclipse Mars!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:36:26 GMT 2024