Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Please help a newbie questions on Papyrus!(Questions on usage)
Please help a newbie questions on Papyrus! [message #1703482] Sat, 01 August 2015 04:46 Go to next message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
Hello

I have some years of experience modeling UML and just started trying out Papyrus a few days ago. I have read documentation and googled a bit but can't find answers to below - any help is appreciated!

(Papyrus 1.1.0b on Windows 7)

- Is it true that Papyrus does not have any documentation support? Best as I can tell there is no document generator for things such a list for classifiers ordered by type; ordered by diagram they appear in; ordered by Package; list of classifiers with description, comments, etc.

- Inconsistent handling of Notes/Comments: in class diagram etc. I can attach a Comment to a Classifier. In other diagrams (e.g. Timing Diagram) the Palette does not have a Comment but I can right click / Add Note or a rectangle with some text... Is there a reason for lack of consistency? Also, on Timing Diagram if I try to move a note to overlap a Lifeline, the note disappears! It's a problem because I need to annotate the constraints and Events on the diagram. I tried Class Diagram and Use Case diagram and the Notes can overlap Classifiers with no problem.

- Cannot show Components icon decoration: if I draw a Use Case Diagram, the Actors are shown as stick figures, not as boxes with a text <<actor>> or a drawing of a stick figure inside the box. I call this "decoration as icons". Seems like Component Diagrams do not follow this rule: they are shown as boxes and the best I can do is show the Component symbol as a decoration inside the box. Is there a way I can show them decorated as icons? (p.s. I know that Components are just Classes but my stakeholders expect the "Component" notation...)

- I can do Page Setup but my Print command is grayed out... I can copy/paste to Powerpoint and print from there but is there any fix to print directly?

- Is there no menu or keyboard shortcut for "zoom to show full diagram"?

- Is there no way to navigate from a Classifier in a Diagram to Classifier in the Model explorer, instead of having to manually search thru the Model Explorer?

Thanks very much for any suggestion!!
Re: Please help a newbie questions on Papyrus! [message #1703558 is a reply to message #1703482] Mon, 03 August 2015 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1st question is resolved, I installed GenDoc and seems to be working well with Papyrus (now I just have to learn how to write the right tags in the template... does not seem to be too difficult).

3rd question answered... this youtube video shows how to customize classifier representation using Profiles and Stylesheets: "Papyrus Customization: Custom SVG shapes with CSS"

5th question solved, I found the "Zoom to fit" under Diagram menu (it's not in the Palette... but I think palette is customizable)

However the lack of text wrapping on the Diagrams is KILLING me... if anyone knows of Cascading CSS sheet solution or other for this please let me know...

[Updated on: Tue, 04 August 2015 06:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Please help a newbie questions on Papyrus! [message #1705156 is a reply to message #1703558] Wed, 12 August 2015 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Hi Ri Fr,

I would suggest you create entries in Bugzilla for the other problems you listed, if you can not find ones that already exist.

/Charles Rivet
Re: Please help a newbie questions on Papyrus! [message #1705225 is a reply to message #1705156] Thu, 13 August 2015 05:16 Go to previous message
Thank you Charles, as my knowledge of the tool improves and I'm confident it's a true bug and not just my lack of knowledge of tool I will submit into bugzilla. I'm slowly getting there, consistent with the realities of my other job priorities...
Previous Topic:internal error
Next Topic:Upgrading of model to use new version of UML Profile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:45:05 GMT 2024