Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Parse hand written code
Parse hand written code [message #1702812] Fri, 24 July 2015 20:54 Go to next message
marco oo is currently offline marco ooFriend
I am trying to parse some hand written code with the window builder but I am having issues ... due to parse errors?

So the GUI code is from this file: https://github.com/MarcoFalke/wiki-java-tools/blob/216e7bdfe05d0307a3a028aeed419636b18d610f/src/app/ImkerGUI.java

Quoting the manual about things that won't parse:
Quote:
WindowBuilder [...] can read and write not only the code it creates, but also a great deal of code written by hand(>90%). If you come across a case that does not work, send it to us for analysis. The more broken examples that we can "fix", the better the tool will get in the long run (and the better chance you will have of salvaging your old code as-is).

Note that dynamic GUI code can not be rendered or edited. The problem with dynamic code is that it generally relies on runtime calculations that have no meaning at runtime. Widgets created in a loop (where the loop parameters are passed in externally) are a good example. Widgets created in conditionals where the value of the conditional is not known until runtime are another example. Dynamic GUI code constructed from the results of complex database queries is yet another example.

Though, I could not identify any dynamic GUI code nor determine the line which causes the parser to crash. The only thing I get is:

Quote:
Internal Error

WindowBuilder encountered unexpected internal error.

This could be caused by a WindowBuilder bug or by a misconfiguration issue, conflict, partial update, etc.

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.EnumDeclaration cannot be cast to org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.TypeDeclaration

Re: Parse hand written code [message #1703597 is a reply to message #1702812] Mon, 03 August 2015 13:39 Go to previous message
marco oo is currently offline marco ooFriend
Could it be that WindowBuilder can not read static GUIs? So I need to instantiate the GUI class?
Previous Topic:WindowBuilder replacement product after it is obsolete
Next Topic:Internal error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:49:49 GMT 2024