Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How do I get to the Product Configuration Editor?
How do I get to the Product Configuration Editor? [message #1702413] Wed, 22 July 2015 08:39 Go to next message
Peter Robertson is currently offline Peter RobertsonFriend
I have inherited an large existing Eclipse product and so am learning about Eclipse (Kepler release).

The product works when started from the development environment but fails when run after being exported, so I suspect there is something wrong with the product configuration.

I have tried to find the Product Configuration Editor, but all the help information I can locate simply assumes that it is open (or that you are creating a new configuration).

How do I open the Product Configuration Editor on an existing product?
Re: How do I get to the Product Configuration Editor? [message #1702427 is a reply to message #1702413] Wed, 22 July 2015 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Lynch is currently offline Jason LynchFriend
Dot not understand the question clearly. but if you have a code base and want to find the *.product product configuration file, you can simply use CTL+SHIFT+R to open the Open Resouces dialog and input *.product in the filter, => all product configuration file will show up.
If it's a binary build, usually product configuration file are not exported into binary build.
Re: How do I get to the Product Configuration Editor? [message #1702430 is a reply to message #1702427] Wed, 22 July 2015 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Robertson is currently offline Peter RobertsonFriend
Thanks for the reply.

Ctrl+Shift+R opens the product file, but it does not start the Product Configuration Editor.

I'm looking for the thing described here:

http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.pde.doc.user%2Fguide%2Ftools%2Feditors%2Fproduct_editor%2Feditor.htm

Plug-in Development Environment Guide > Reference > Editors > Product Configuration Editor
Product Overview

The Overview page defines the product and provides hot links to test and export it.

Re: How do I get to the Product Configuration Editor? [message #1702493 is a reply to message #1702430] Wed, 22 July 2015 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Lynch is currently offline Jason LynchFriend
hmm. I suppose it should. The Product Configuration Editor is contributed by PDE plug-ins. The ID is org.eclipse.pde.ui.productEditor. Normally if you have PDE environment, you should got this editor. If not, you should download the Eclipse by "Eclipse for RCP and RAP Developers".

btw, ALT+SHIFT+F1 and click on relevant UI part can be used to show the contributions information of the view and editor parts. ALT+SHIFT+F2 and click on relevant UI elements can be used to show the contributions information of the contribution items like menu items, tool bar icons etc.
Re: How do I get to the Product Configuration Editor? [message #1702515 is a reply to message #1702430] Wed, 22 July 2015 19:34 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Peter Robertson wrote on Wed, 22 July 2015 10:12
Thanks for the reply.

Ctrl+Shift+R opens the product file, but it does not start the Product Configuration Editor.

What package of Eclipse are you using? The PDE tools (including .product editor) are only included in some of the download packages.
Previous Topic:Why do I keep losing my workplaces?
Next Topic:Gradle Integration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:54:51 GMT 2024