Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » How to configure Mail Application using Gmail
How to configure Mail Application using Gmail [message #1702317] Tue, 21 July 2015 14:03 Go to next message
Kunal Suri is currently offline Kunal SuriFriend

Hi,

Is it possible to use a Gmail account to test and send mails from a process activity ? (It has something like JNDI session!)

index.php/fa/22596/0/

If yes, would it be possible for you to share with me some link or document for the same.

Thanks,
Kunal.
Re: How to configure Mail Application using Gmail [message #1702733 is a reply to message #1702317] Fri, 24 July 2015 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajkumar Dangi is currently offline Rajkumar DangiFriend
Hi,

Sometimes back i tried similar use case(can't find my working model xpdl). But i used "Generic Camel Application" to send emails using gmail SMTP. Below was my camel route to achieve this. check if that helps you:

<to uri="smtps://smtp.gmail.com?username=YOURGMAILACCOUNT@gmail.com&amp;password=YourPassowrd&amp;to={header.To}&amp;subject=Mail From Stardust&amp;mail.smtp.port=465&amp;mail.smtp.ssl.socketFactory.port=465&amp;mail.smtp.socketFactory.class=javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory"/>

-Thanks
RajKumar
Re: How to configure Mail Application using Gmail [message #1702955 is a reply to message #1702733] Mon, 27 July 2015 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi RajKumar,

I tested this camel URI and it works Smile ( without Corporate Proxy) but in order for the Gmail to allow sending mails, we need to enable less secure app access from Gmail (set to off by default)

Url - https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

Another problem

I am still figuring out a way to use this method behind the Corporate proxy,
As when I use it from my office network it says 'connection timeout'..

In you have any clue about the same, please do let me know too.

Thanks!
Kunal.
Re: How to configure Mail Application using Gmail [message #1703064 is a reply to message #1702955] Tue, 28 July 2015 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajkumar Dangi is currently offline Rajkumar DangiFriend
Hi Kunal,

I think working behing corporte proxy depends on corporate network setup. But atleast below works for me. I set below JAVA_OPTS in tomcat startup.bat

set JAVA_OPTS= -Dhttp.proxyHost=CORPORATE_PROXY_HOST -Dhttp.proxyPort=PROXY_PORT .................

Check if that helps you Smile

-Thanks
RajKumar
Re: How to configure Mail Application using Gmail [message #1703093 is a reply to message #1703064] Tue, 28 July 2015 14:13 Go to previous message

Hi RajKumar,

Thanks for the above help!

I also tried to use what you said but I think our proxy is not allowing for the 465 or even 25 port to work.

Error

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465;
nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1282)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:370)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:275)

Thanks anyways Smile

Cheers!
Kunal.
Previous Topic:First Model - Errors
Next Topic:Porting a Stardust Application from JBOSS 5 to EAP 6.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:11:13 GMT 2024