Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Old GMF application confilicting with Papyrus(GMF Papyrus)
Old GMF application confilicting with Papyrus [message #1702301] Tue, 21 July 2015 12:45 Go to next message
Paul C. Brown is currently offline Paul C. BrownFriend
I have a GMF-based eclipse plug-in I have been developing in Kepler. I recently upgraded to Mars. I needed to edit the ecore model, but the old graphical editor from Kepler is not part of the Mars release. So I installed the papyrus-based editor.

Everything was fine until I went to launch my plug-in in the debugger and use it to place a node on the diagram (this is all GMF-generated code). I started getting errors relating to CSSDiagram (which apparently is part of Papyrus).

I then uninstalled Papyrus from my Mars environment, cleaned up both my development workspace and my target workspace, and re-launched the debugger with my plug-in. Same problem.

I then did a fresh install of the Mars Modeling release, adding GMF and OCL (which my plug-in needs). It now works fine.

Can anyone explain to me:
a) How the installation of Papyrus altered the execution of my plug-in by using CSS Diagram instead of Diagram as the root?
b) How to avoid this conflict?
c) Why the uninstall of Papyrus did not fix the problem?
icon3.gif  Re: Old GMF application confilicting with Papyrus [message #1702556 is a reply to message #1702301] Thu, 23 July 2015 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ángel Moreno is currently offline Ángel MorenoFriend
Hi Paul C. Brown,

I can't not response to your question a) and c) exactly, because I don't use Papyrus actually but If you have problems with the Ecore Diagram Editor, is posible that you don't have selected the correct editor for your ecore_diagram file in your Package Explorer.

Check this doing right click over the *.ecore_diagram file -> Open With -> and select always by default "Ecore GMF Editor" to avoid use editors from other frameworks or plug-ins, This editor is the official Ecore Graphical Editor from the GMF Framework.

Maybe the uninstall of Papyrus Plug-ins might return inconsistent your Eclipse Installation. This situation if possible, if you erase the plug-ins of Papyrus directly from the eclipse plug-ins folder. I don't know if u do this.

In Eclipse exist a helper to remove plug-ins, from Help-> Installation Details -> Installation History. In the Previous configurations, we can review all installations of our Eclipse and come back to a stable installation, clicking in Revert.

Regards,

Ángel Moreno Pérez
Enterprise Architect
El Corte Inglés, Madrid, Spain

[Updated on: Thu, 23 July 2015 08:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Old GMF application confilicting with Papyrus [message #1702607 is a reply to message #1702556] Thu, 23 July 2015 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Angel,

Thanks for your response. The problem was not with the editing of the ecore model, it was with a GMF diagram editor that I created.

However, I did a fresh install of Eclipse Modeling, GMF, OCL, and Papyrus and now my GMF diagram editor seems to be working fine. I am not sure what the original problem was but if I can't reproduce it there's not much point in pursuing the discussion.
Re: Old GMF application confilicting with Papyrus [message #1714938 is a reply to message #1702607] Tue, 17 November 2015 18:14 Go to previous message
Cool I finally figured out what was going on. When you create a GMF plug-in, one of the things generated is a view provider (xxxViewProvider). In the plugin.xml file for the plug-in, an entry for this view provider is made under the extension org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.core.viewProviders. Unfortunately, this entry is made with a priority of Low. If you have Papyrus also installed, it also contributes a view provider. In my case, the Papyrus view provider was being found before mine, hence the problem. The fix is to change the priority of your view provider (I set mine to Medium). After that, everything worked fine.
Previous Topic:Move connected elements together to hold initial position of creation
Next Topic:GMF Palette Stack Tool Group
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:15:07 GMT 2024