Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EEF] How to integrate custom widget generator in Component editor
[EEF] How to integrate custom widget generator in Component editor [message #1702184] Mon, 20 July 2015 14:01 Go to next message
Eyck Jentzsch is currently offline Eyck JentzschFriend
Hi,
I have been able to create a custom widget generator according to the EEF/User Guide/Custom Widget Generation in the Eclipse wiki. I also managed to run this one from the EEF architecture generation. But to achieve this I had to tweak the .components file since the custom widget did not show up in the components editor. Does anybody have a hint how to integrate my custom widget generator into the EEF components editor?
Best regards
Re: [EEF] How to integrate custom widget generator in Component editor [message #1702203 is a reply to message #1702184] Mon, 20 July 2015 15:52 Go to previous message
Eyck Jentzsch is currently offline Eyck JentzschFriend
Eventually I managed to solve it by myself but for anybody being interested I post the solution here.

It is fairly easy: you need to add a .toolkits file and an ECore URI mapping to the plugins.xml.
E.g. The file extended.toolkits in the std directory of my.plugin contains
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<eef-views:Toolkit xmi:version="2.0" xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI" xmlns:eef-views="http://www.eclipse.org/emf/eef/views/toolkits/1.0.0">
  <widgets name="Html"/>
</eef-views:Toolkit>

Now the plugin.xml needs to get the path mapping:
   <extension
         point="org.eclipse.emf.ecore.uri_mapping">
      <mapping
            source="pathmap://EMFProperties_STD/Extended.toolkits"
            target="platform:/plugin/my.plugin/std/Extended.toolkits">
      </mapping>
   </extension>
Previous Topic:[EEF] Documentation
Next Topic:Edapt - Diff-based metamodel migration