Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Where can I find the debugger files (./debugger/xxx.lua)
Where can I find the debugger files (./debugger/xxx.lua) [message #1702114] Mon, 20 July 2015 00:47 Go to next message
Jacob Tyndall is currently offline Jacob TyndallFriend
Hello everyone, I am trying to get the debugger to work, and am not having any luck because I cannot find the necessary files, even through intense googling.

The LDT documentation says "The DBGp Lua client is a Lua file which can be downloaded through the Lua Attach to Application launch configuration UI." Which I did. This produced a single file, debugger.lua (attached), however, when I try to invoke it in my code: require("debugger")("127.0.0.1","10000","luaidekey")

It gives me a file not found error for the following block:
local core          = require "debugger.core" --LINE 328 of debugger.lua (attached)
local dbgp          = require "debugger.dbgp"
local util          = require "debugger.util"
local platform      = require "debugger.platform"
local introspection = require "debugger.introspection"
local context       = require "debugger.context"

Through my googling I managed to find what seems to be the debugger files for LDT's predecessor, link: https://github.com/eclipse/koneki.ldt/tree/master/libraries/luadbgpclient/debugger

This seems to have all the files referenced in the debugger.lua file except for debugger/core.lua. I even resorted to using Bing in an attempt to locate any copy of this file and it doesnt seem to exist anywhere.

Where can I get the proper file(s)?

Thank you.
  • Attachment: debugger.lua
    (Size: 129.86KB, Downloaded 198 times)
Re: Where can I find the debugger files (./debugger/xxx.lua) [message #1702171 is a reply to message #1702114] Mon, 20 July 2015 13:16 Go to previous message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Hi Jacob,
You need this file only if you want to debug with the Attach To Lua Application launch configuration. (I mean maybe this is simple to use Lua Application launch configuration)
The right file to use is the one you download via the UI. This is the better way to get the "debugger.lua" file which works with your version of the IDE.
This file is a all-in-one file which contains all the lua module of the debugger (thats why in the "old" code repository you point, there are severals files), The debugger/core.lua file does not really exist this is just "hack" :
http://git.eclipse.org/c/ldt/org.eclipse.ldt.git/tree/libraries/luadbgpclient/debugger/init.lua#n16

I just test it on debian linux and it works for me. (Lua 5.2.3)
Could you give us the exact error log ? please.
Simon
Previous Topic:How do I instal luasql into Eclipse (koneki ldt win32)
Next Topic:Make .xml files to highlight the code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:15:18 GMT 2024