Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » CVS commit comment no longer populated from task after upgrade to Mars
CVS commit comment no longer populated from task after upgrade to Mars [message #1701716] Wed, 15 July 2015 08:38 Go to next message
Stephan Muehlstrasser is currently offline Stephan MuehlstrasserFriend
Hi,

after I upgraded to Eclipse Mars, I no longer get the CVS commit comment populated from the active Mylyn Bugzilla task.

I have installed:

Eclipse Mars CDT edition
Mylyn Context Connector: C/C++ Development
Mylyn Context Connector: Eclipse IDE
Mylyn Task List
Mylyn Task-Focused Interface
Mylyn Versions Connector: CVS
Mylyn Versions Connector: Git

In the preferences under Mylyn, Team I have the same Commit Comment Template that I used with all previous Eclipse/Mylyn versions:

${task.key}: ${task.description}
${task.url}

What is missing to get the CVS commit comment populated again from the active Mylyn Bugzilla task?

Thanks
Stephan
Re: CVS commit comment no longer populated from task after upgrade to Mars [message #1701785 is a reply to message #1701716] Wed, 15 July 2015 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Davis is currently offline Sam DavisFriend
Hi,

CVS support has been moved to a separate feature. You'll need to install Mylyn Context Connector: CVS Support (org.eclipse.mylyn.team.cvs).

Cheers,
Sam
Re: CVS commit comment no longer populated from task after upgrade to Mars [message #1701837 is a reply to message #1701785] Thu, 16 July 2015 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Davis wrote on Wed, 15 July 2015 10:56
CVS support has been moved to a separate feature. You'll need to install Mylyn Context Connector: CVS Support (org.eclipse.mylyn.team.cvs).

Thanks for the suggestion, Sam. Unfortunately, I can't find the "Mylyn Context Connector: CVS Support" when I select the "Mars - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/mars" update site. Must I get that from another update site?

Note that I forgot one relevant plugin in my initial question. In addition to the plugins listed there I also have installed the "Mylyn Context Connector: Team Support" plugin. So the full list of Mylyn plugins that I have installed is:

Mylyn Context Connector: C/C++ Development
Mylyn Context Connector: Eclipse IDE
Mylyn Context Connector: Team Support
Mylyn Task List
Mylyn Task-Focused Interface
Mylyn Versions Connector: CVS
Mylyn Versions Connector: Git

Stephan
Re: CVS commit comment no longer populated from task after upgrade to Mars [message #1701923 is a reply to message #1701837] Thu, 16 July 2015 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can get it from the Mylyn update site: http://download.eclipse.org/mylyn/releases/latest
icon14.gif  Re: CVS commit comment no longer populated from task after upgrade to Mars [message #1701964 is a reply to message #1701923] Fri, 17 July 2015 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Davis wrote on Thu, 16 July 2015 13:07
You can get it from the Mylyn update site: http://download.eclipse.org/mylyn/releases/latest

Got it, now it works again, thank you Sam.

Was it a deliberate decision to leave the "Mylyn Context Connector: CVS Support" plugin out from the Mars release, e.g. because CVS is on the decline?

Stephan
Re: CVS commit comment no longer populated from task after upgrade to Mars [message #1702216 is a reply to message #1701964] Mon, 20 July 2015 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No. When we created the new feature, it just didn't occur to us to add it to the Mars release, but since the Eclipse CVS client is still there, we will probably add the Mylyn feature for SR1. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Sam
Re: CVS commit comment no longer populated from task after upgrade to Mars [message #1735871 is a reply to message #1702216] Thu, 23 June 2016 11:57 Go to previous message
Sam Davis wrote on Mon, 20 July 2015 13:09
No. When we created the new feature, it just didn't occur to us to add it to the Mars release, but since the Eclipse CVS client is still there, we will probably add the Mylyn feature for SR1. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Sam

Today I upgraded to Neon, and the populating of the CVS comment from the Mylyn task is not working again. It looks like the "Mylyn Context Connector: CVS Support" has been left out from the Neon download site http://download.eclipse.org/releases/neon.

As with Mars installing the Mylyn CVS Context Connector from http://download.eclipse.org/mylyn/releases/latest resolves the problem for Neon.
Previous Topic:mylyn gerrit review comments editor encoding can't change
Next Topic:Mylyn 3.20 is now available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:29:10 GMT 2024