Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » can we span column Header cells using spanningDataLayer in Nattable(can we span column Header cells using spanningDataLayer in Nattable)
can we span column Header cells using spanningDataLayer in Nattable [message #1701690] Wed, 15 July 2015 04:45 Go to next message
Yeshaswini HS is currently offline Yeshaswini HSFriend
I am trying to span column header cells , for that i have written a custom columnDataProvider that implements ISpanningDataProvider.
That custom columnDataProvider i ve given to SpanningDataLayer and that instance to columnHeaderLayer and so on.

In my custom columnDataProvider i ve implemented the method getCellByPosition, getDataValue,getColumnRount, getRoeCount.

While debugging my code, debug point is not entering into the method getCellByPosition only so spanning is not happening, it just takes getDataValue and prints out the value.

My question is when i am using custom data provider that implements ISpanningDataProvider an d using spanningDataLayer means that method public DataCell getCellByPosition(int columnPosition, int rowPosition) {} should gets executed right? in my case why it is not happening.

The other method i tried using ColumnGroupLayer my requirement is working fine.

So is that spanningDataLayer is not applicable to columnHeaderCells or rowHeaderCells, i ve seen nattable examples where body cells are spanned?

Re: can we span column Header cells using spanningDataLayer in Nattable [message #1701707 is a reply to message #1701690] Wed, 15 July 2015 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Quote:
So is that spanningDataLayer is not applicable to columnHeaderCells or rowHeaderCells

No, that is currently not supported. I guess it would also not that easily to add that support, because of the interaction handling. Just because the cells are spanned, there is no information about the grouping. That means, what should happen in case of reordering? What happens in case of hide/show? How should the spanning behave in such a case?
Re: can we span column Header cells using spanningDataLayer in Nattable [message #1810078 is a reply to message #1701707] Tue, 30 July 2019 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh M is currently offline Mahesh MFriend
Now this feature is supported (Spanning column Header cells using spanningDataLayer in Nattable)?
Is there any alternatives to add this feature to column header?

Because my Nattable is disabled with grouping , column hide/show and other column header interactions..
Re: can we span column Header cells using spanningDataLayer in Nattable [message #1810508 is a reply to message #1810078] Mon, 12 August 2019 21:36 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
No. You can implement your own layer that supports spanning based on your requirement.
Previous Topic:Focus next widget below NatTable
Next Topic:Alternatives for Nattable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:21:19 GMT 2024