Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Activity instance not created when starting process instance programmatically
Activity instance not created when starting process instance programmatically [message #1701602] Tue, 14 July 2015 11:30 Go to next message
Tam Gom is currently offline Tam GomFriend
Hi all,

I have created a very simple workflow process, you can see the diagram for it in the image below:

http://i.imgur.com/f6bRrk0.png

I deployed the model, then started a process instance with the following snippet:

Map<String, String> initData = new HashMap<String, String>();
ProcessInstance process = workflowService.startProcess(processId, initData, false);

The process gets started and a new record is created for it in the PROCESS_INSTANCE table in the database.
According to my understanding when the process is started the workflow execution should step from the start event to the manual task, however, there's no record for the activity instance in the ACTIVITY_INSTANCE table and understandably no ActivityInstance is returned when I do a query for it with the Java API. (A record for the activity in the ACTIVITY table is created upon deployment.)

What do I do wrong? Do I need to somehow make steps manually in the process instance or is there an option I have to switch on to get automated steps?
Re: Activity instance not created when starting process instance programmatically [message #1701652 is a reply to message #1701602] Tue, 14 July 2015 17:00 Go to previous message
Tam Gom is currently offline Tam GomFriend
OK, I figured out the problem. Based on the application generated with the Stardust maven archetype I configured a JmsForkingService (apparently incorrectly), but I noticed there's the QueuedSpringForkingService for non-JMS environments and it works with that as expected.
Previous Topic:Logging in and creating user programmatically
Next Topic:Upgrade from Luna To Mars - project components are missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:38:37 GMT 2024