Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Target platform reloading on startup (Mars)
Target platform reloading on startup (Mars) [message #1700703] Mon, 06 July 2015 14:37 Go to next message
Jordan Deyton is currently offline Jordan DeytonFriend
Hi all,

I've noticed recently that, upon opening Eclipse, my target platform occasionally reloads completely. This is a major problem if I happen to not have an internet connection (which happened to me twice in the last few days when working on the road) because very few of my bundles will build afterward. Basically, my workaround is to just never close Eclipse on my laptop. Confused

I never noticed this problem before Mars (either with Kepler or Luna). I am running the Windows 64-bit binary (not using Oomph) Eclipse for RCP and RAP. I cannot at the moment verify if the problem occurs on Linux.

Is this a bug, a new feature, or perhaps it's the intended behavior and a previous bug was fixed? Does anyone know if there's a way to configure Eclipse to always use the cached target platform until it is manually updated?

Thanks in advance,
Jordan

[Updated on: Mon, 06 July 2015 14:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Target platform reloading on startup (Mars) [message #1700706 is a reply to message #1700703] Mon, 06 July 2015 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pascal Rapicault is currently offline Pascal RapicaultFriend
The downloaded bundles are always cached locally. I'm not sure why this is happening but this reloading should not happen. Please open a bug against PDE UI and provide as many details as possible.
Re: Target platform reloading on startup (Mars) [message #1700708 is a reply to message #1700706] Mon, 06 July 2015 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jordan Deyton is currently offline Jordan DeytonFriend
Thanks. Is there a particular Eclipse log file that would be especially helpful for debugging this issue?
Re: Target platform reloading on startup (Mars) [message #1700747 is a reply to message #1700708] Mon, 06 July 2015 18:41 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
I saw similar behaviour during M6 but it was fixed in M7 (bug 462288). But it seems that it may still be occurring in some form (bug 462462).

Brian.
Previous Topic:Get dependencies of Installable Unit
Next Topic:Install New Software shows error dialog when clicked.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:54:56 GMT 2024