Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » UML 2.5 DI support
UML 2.5 DI support [message #1700693] Mon, 06 July 2015 13:48 Go to next message
Denis Nikiforov is currently offline Denis NikiforovFriend
Hi

Does Eclipse UML support diagram interchange? It seems that DI is a part of UML 2.5 specification. But I can't find UMLDiagram class and others in Eclipse UML.

Do you plan to implement them?

I guess that Papyrus implement UML 2.5 DI. Is it possible to use DI metamodel in our project. We don't need Papyrus editing finctionality. We need only to parse/serialize UML 2.5 DI. Is it possible somehow?

Thanks!
Re: UML 2.5 DI support [message #1700695 is a reply to message #1700693] Mon, 06 July 2015 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Denis,

UML DI is partially supported by Papyrus, as an extra-component. Papyrus also provides a feature to export Papyrus diagrams to UML DI

Eclipse/UML itself doesn't provide such support, but you can probably reuse the UMLDI Metamodel from Papyrus (Although we don't consider it stable yet, I believe it's good enough and shouldn't change "too much", if at all)

It is not released as part of the main Papyrus project, but can be installed from this update site: http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/updates/releases/mars/extra

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: UML 2.5 DI support [message #1700701 is a reply to message #1700695] Mon, 06 July 2015 14:31 Go to previous message
Denis Nikiforov is currently offline Denis NikiforovFriend
Thanks a lot! Smile
Previous Topic:Importing IFML metamodel and profile
Next Topic:[Searching] for UML-Lib to draw an Component diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:06:06 GMT 2024