Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Is searching supported?
Is searching supported? [message #1700626] Sun, 05 July 2015 18:39 Go to next message
Mick Miralas is currently offline Mick MiralasFriend
Hello,

I don't know whether I just don't saw it in the demo, but is searching supported?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Mick
Re: Is searching supported? [message #1700627 is a reply to message #1700626] Sun, 05 July 2015 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Yes, CTRL + F is the default key binding for searching. Should be included in almost every demo. There is just no explicit example.
Re: Is searching supported? [message #1700861 is a reply to message #1700627] Tue, 07 July 2015 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sounds good. It would be nice to open that window by clicking on a button. Is there a description available on how to achieve this?

P.S. The demo is well done, but it would be very helpful, if the source code was better documented.
Re: Is searching supported? [message #1700872 is a reply to message #1700861] Tue, 07 July 2015 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
It would be nice to open that window by clicking on a button.

Feel free to do that. You need to trigger the SearchAction somehow. Have a look at the DefaultSearchBindings where the CTRL + F binding is registered.

Quote:
Is there a description available on how to achieve this?

Not yet

Quote:
it would be very helpful, if the source code was better documented

The project is several years old and had multiple contributors. I'm trying to add the source code documentation, but as we have a quite large code base, it is hard to do that afterwards. And guess what, I'm working on it in my spare time.
So thanks for pointing out the bad/missing documentation and feel free to contribute. I'm doing my best but my time is limited.
Re: Is searching supported? [message #1700958 is a reply to message #1700872] Wed, 08 July 2015 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth wrote on Tue, 07 July 2015 19:02
The project is several years old and had multiple contributors. I'm trying to add the source code documentation, but as we have a quite large code base, it is hard to do that afterwards. And guess what, I'm working on it in my spare time.
So thanks for pointing out the bad/missing documentation and feel free to contribute. I'm doing my best but my time is limited.

No offense meant. Sorry if my words sounded like that.
It's just that both NatTable and the demo are great, but if there was a little bit more documentation available it would make the study of that technology much easier.
Re: Is searching supported? [message #1700960 is a reply to message #1700958] Wed, 08 July 2015 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
if there was a little bit more documentation available it would make the study of that technology much easier

I'm aware of that and I'm working on several tutorials. The getting started tutorial is already available [1]. The next to come is the styling tutorial on which I'm currently working. But as I already pointed out, there is quite a lot of functionality that needs to be documented and not as much time as I would like to have for that.

[1] http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/NatTable/article.html
Re: Is searching supported? [message #1701416 is a reply to message #1700960] Mon, 13 July 2015 11:03 Go to previous message
I'd like to get deeper in touch with that technology and also contribute to the project, but right now I am just dealing with Eclipse RCP together with some other frameworks for my master thesis. If I'll manage to get the job afterwards and Eclipse RCP will be the technology used, then NatTable will play an important role for me. I'm also a little bit under time pressure due to the deadline.
Previous Topic:Simple DataLayer filtering
Next Topic:Column Grouping for Tree Grid
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:09:23 GMT 2024