Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Mars: How to change highlighted text color (Annotations > Occurrences not working properly)
Mars: How to change highlighted text color (Annotations > Occurrences not working properly) [message #1700020] Mon, 29 June 2015 17:16 Go to next message
Peter Ecli is currently offline Peter EcliFriend
How can I change the color of highlighted text in the editor?
See the screenshot, where I set the color of annotations > occurrences to orange. However, when I doubleclick on some text (the bottom word "String" here), it is selected and "highlighted" in grey color, which is actually more hiding than highlighting.

How can I modify that color?
  • Attachment: eclipse.png
    (Size: 4.31KB, Downloaded 672 times)
Re: Mars: How to change highlighted text color (Annotations > Occurrences not working properly) [message #1701547 is a reply to message #1700020] Tue, 14 July 2015 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gábor Lipták is currently offline Gábor LiptákFriend
I would be also interested. Its quite annoying that I cannot see what I selected.
Re: Mars: How to change highlighted text color (Annotations > Occurrences not working properly) [message #1701617 is a reply to message #1701547] Tue, 14 July 2015 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Double-clicking a word in any of the Eclipse text-based editors selects that word, and the colors of selected text are controlled by your OS settings. The Mark Occurrences settings in Eclipse can't override that. The way to use occurrences highlighting is to just place the cursor (single-click) in the word, not double-clicking to select it.
Re: Mars: How to change highlighted text color (Annotations > Occurrences not working properl [message #1701823 is a reply to message #1700020] Thu, 16 July 2015 03:52 Go to previous message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 06/29/2015 11:56 AM, Peter Ecli wrote:
> How can I change the color of highlighted text in the editor?
> See the screenshot, where I set the color of annotations > occurrences to orange. However, when I doubleclick on some text (the bottom word "String" here), it is selected and "highlighted" in grey color, which is actually more hiding than highlighting.
>
> How can I modify that color?
>

One option you might try is getting Eclipse Color Themes through Help ->
Eclipse Marketplace. There are myriad themes to choose from and you can
modify them after choosing. This is not necessarily the best solution,
but you might like it.
Previous Topic:eclipse RCP Migration 3x to 4x
Next Topic:eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:45:56 GMT 2024