Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » ReqIF and Gendoc
ReqIF and Gendoc [message #1699319] Tue, 23 June 2015 11:14 Go to next message
Axel Thor Asthorsson is currently offline Axel Thor AsthorssonFriend
Hello.

I would be very interested in knowing how I would accomplish querying ReqIF model using gendoc. As far as I understand Gendoc is enabled to reference any EMF model as datasource and use M2T language to query the reference model. However I am a bit lost when it comes to ReqIF . Is there anyone that has already done this and maybe give me a hint on how I can go about querying my model using M2T? Any hint is appreciated.

best regards
Axel Thor
Re: ReqIF and Gendoc [message #1699853 is a reply to message #1699319] Sat, 27 June 2015 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hi Axel Thor,

Interesting question, but at least I have not a clue. However, this sounds a great feature for RMF. If you make progress, it would be great if you could share your discoveries with the RMF community. It would be a valuable addition to the project.

Cheers,

- Michael
Re: ReqIF and Gendoc [message #1700972 is a reply to message #1699853] Wed, 08 July 2015 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Thor Asthorsson is currently offline Axel Thor AsthorssonFriend
Hi

I was able to load the reqif file directly like any other EMF model in my word template. Eclipse seems to convert the reqif xml to a model very similar (or even identical) to the ReqIF CMOF defined by OMG (omg.org/spec/ReqIF/1.1/]) By understanding the structure of the CMOF you are able to retrieve the information needed from the model. However the queries tend to get a bit big when the model contains requirement types with many custom attributes since looping through all attributes is needed to search for the right one.

I used the Acceleo interpreter to formalize my queries to the requirement model. It recognized the reqif cmof meta model and has a nice auto complete feature when writing queries. To make correct queries to be used in your word or odt template make sure to open the ReqIF model in Ecore Reflective sample editor and select the root ReqIF element since that is the place from where the queries are made in gendoc (unless you specify something else).

regards
Axel Thor

[Updated on: Wed, 08 July 2015 13:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ReqIF and Gendoc [message #1702284 is a reply to message #1700972] Tue, 21 July 2015 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
Hi Axel!

Quote:
I was able to load the reqif file directly like any other EMF model in my word template. Eclipse seems to convert the reqif xml to a model very similar (or even identical) to the ReqIF CMOF defined by OMG (omg.org/spec/ReqIF/1.1/]) By understanding the structure of the CMOF you are able to retrieve the information needed from the model. However the queries tend to get a bit big when the model contains requirement types with many custom attributes since looping through all attributes is needed to search for the right one.

I used the Acceleo interpreter to formalize my queries to the requirement model. It recognized the reqif cmof meta model and has a nice auto complete feature when writing queries. To make correct queries to be used in your word or odt template make sure to open the ReqIF model in Ecore Reflective sample editor and select the root ReqIF element since that is the place from where the queries are made in gendoc (unless you specify something else).

Can you give some more detailed instructions to someone perhaps lesser programming savvy. I do system engineering (thus avid SysML user), but I don't know too much about Eclipse other than creating diagrams in Papyrus.

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist
Re: ReqIF and Gendoc [message #1766471 is a reply to message #1700972] Wed, 21 June 2017 18:02 Go to previous message
akarsh seggemu is currently offline akarsh seggemuFriend

Hi Axel,

Can you please explain in steps & share how you have generate document from ReqIF file.

Axel Thor Asthorsson wrote on Wed, 08 July 2015 13:02
Hi

regards
Axel Thor

Previous Topic:API ti add content to Spec Object
Next Topic:ISpecificaiton error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:21:17 GMT 2024