Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] [Luna] Launching acceleo problem
[Acceleo] [Luna] Launching acceleo problem [message #1699167] Mon, 22 June 2015 09:24 Go to next message
Tomasz  abczy?ski is currently offline Tomasz abczy?skiFriend
Hi to all,
I've used Acceleo since the Galileo Eclipse and it worked fine in all previous versions. Now in Luna it is strange.

If I try to run it as Java application (the default now) on the model from the example mentioned in the Acceleo tutorial - it works fine but when I try to transform my model drawn in Obeo UML designer (1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 version - doesn't matter) or IBM Software Architect - always get an error:
"Exception in thread "main" org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$1DiagnosticWrappedException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.FeatureNotFoundException: Feature 'event' not found."
and nothing is generated.

So I've tried to run it as a plug-in. Well, I'm warned: "Due to changes in the Eclipse platform in Luna, the Acceleo Plug-in Application strategy may not work." but I've found in Bugzilla that when I add './bin' directory to the classpath - it will work OK. It does, but it seems to be a workaround only and I'm afraid that something will go wrong.

The metamodel is, of course, http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/5.0.0/UML (but also tried with 4.0.0 and 3.0.0).

best regards
Tomek

Tomasz Babczyński
Re: [Acceleo] [Luna] Launching acceleo problem [message #1699595 is a reply to message #1699167] Thu, 25 June 2015 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

Quote:
So I've tried to run it as a plug-in. Well, I'm warned: "Due to changes in the Eclipse platform in Luna, the Acceleo Plug-in Application strategy may not work." but I've found in Bugzilla that when I add './bin' directory to the classpath - it will work OK. It does, but it seems to be a workaround only and I'm afraid that something will go wrong.

It is indeed only a workaround. Long story short, we were using your current Eclipse platform to run the plugin in your workspace but while in your workspace your compiled code is in a folder named, most of the time, "bin", in the runtime you want to be able to load code named "com.company.folder.MyClass" and not "bin.com.company.folder.MyClass". So before we used to modify the classpath of our bundles after deployment but this feature has been removed from the core of Equinox. The Plugin Development Environment can let you run code in debug by launching another complete Eclipse instance which is too heavy for our use case. As a result, you can adapt the classpath of your generator by adding your output folders to you classpath (which is not a good idea) or you can improve your generator to make it work in stand alone.

In order to work with UML, make sure that the UML metamodel is registered along with its resource factory in the Java launcher. You may need to call UMLResourcesUtil.init(resourceSet) in the method registerPackages of your Java launcher to prepare everything to load properly an UML model.

Regards,

Stéphane Bégaudeau, Obeo
Re: [Acceleo] [Luna] Launching acceleo problem [message #1700059 is a reply to message #1699595] Mon, 29 June 2015 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomasz  abczy?ski is currently offline Tomasz abczy?skiFriend
Hi,
thank you for that answer. It works for me. Smile
Thank you also for the explanation of the Luna-specific issue. It answered me one another, not asked question (similar thing with ANTLR3 Ide).
But I have one a little question: what is the reason that the registration is not done by the generator? Even the uml.resources package is not added to dependences.

Regards
Tomasz Babczyński

Tomasz Babczyński
Re: [Acceleo] [Luna] Launching acceleo problem [message #1758769 is a reply to message #1700059] Sun, 02 April 2017 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nihad rahabi is currently offline nihad rahabiFriend
hi,
i have same problem i didn't understand the solution .
Re: [Acceleo] [Luna] Launching acceleo problem [message #1758771 is a reply to message #1758769] Sun, 02 April 2017 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

It is very simple. "Due to changes in the Eclipse platform in Luna, the Acceleo Plug-in Application strategy may not work." Do not use the Plug-in Application strategy. It is very unlikely to work for you.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: [Acceleo] [Luna] Launching acceleo problem [message #1758786 is a reply to message #1758771] Mon, 03 April 2017 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nihad rahabi is currently offline nihad rahabiFriend
hi Ed Willink ,
thank you

[Updated on: Mon, 03 April 2017 05:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Acceleo] [Luna] Launching acceleo problem [message #1785170 is a reply to message #1758786] Tue, 10 April 2018 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khouloud AYARI is currently offline khouloud AYARIFriend
Hey,

I've the same problem, but I cnt understand what u mean by "Do not use the Plug-in Application strategy", in fact, when I open "run configuration" I only have "Acceleo plug-in Application/java application", So what am I supposed to do exactly!
sry if it's a dumb question :/ !

I changed it from Acceleo plug-in Application to java application!
I guess that's why u tried to say!
Thank u ^^

regards,

[Updated on: Tue, 10 April 2018 09:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Acceleo] [Luna] Launching acceleo problem [message #1793438 is a reply to message #1785170] Wed, 08 August 2018 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nissaf Fredj is currently offline Nissaf FredjFriend
hello,
I have the same problem,
but i dont understand the solution too!!
can one help me please?
Re: [Acceleo] [Luna] Launching acceleo problem [message #1793439 is a reply to message #1793438] Wed, 08 August 2018 11:21 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Since this thread has multiple problems and solutions that the relevant users seemed to find useful, you will need to explain which problem you have and EXACTLY what you do that does not do as you expect.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] Maximum size of a module
Next Topic:Load 2 differents input models an Acceleo template
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:09:54 GMT 2024