Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » StackOverFlow Error
StackOverFlow Error [message #1699145] Mon, 22 June 2015 06:38 Go to next message
Shashi Mising name is currently offline Shashi Mising nameFriend
Dear All,

I have used the nat table to display the big data and most of the time when i scrolled horizontally or vertically or sometime when filter and click on the column for sorting I am getting the below exception , so could any one suggest that what might be the reason for it.

java.lang.StackOverflowError
at org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.layer.SizeConfig.getSize(SizeConfig.java:268)
at org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.layer.DataLayer.getColumnWidthByPosition(DataLayer.java:239)
at org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.layer.LayerUtil.findColumnPosition(LayerUtil.java:33)
at org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.layer.LayerUtil.findColumnPosition(LayerUtil.java:35)
at org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.layer.LayerUtil.findColumnPosition(LayerUtil.java:35)

Thanks in Advance
Re: StackOverFlow Error [message #1699146 is a reply to message #1699145] Mon, 22 June 2015 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
The reason is an internal calculation error. Mostly related to percentage sizing. It is tried to retrieve the column position via pixel coordinates.

But I thought that I solved that issue already. Which NatTable version are you using?
Re: StackOverFlow Error [message #1699147 is a reply to message #1699146] Mon, 22 June 2015 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dirk,

I am using the 1.2.0 version

Thanks
Re: StackOverFlow Error [message #1699148 is a reply to message #1699147] Mon, 22 June 2015 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Then please update to 1.3.0 and check if the error still occurs.
Re: StackOverFlow Error [message #1699151 is a reply to message #1699148] Mon, 22 June 2015 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you dirk and i will check with the version 1.3..0
Re: StackOverFlow Error [message #1832441 is a reply to message #1699151] Fri, 18 September 2020 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Geith is currently offline Oliver GeithFriend
We are on 1.6.0 and we sometimes get almost the same stackoverflow ... this time in "findRowPosition"... maybe the same problem as back then?... but this time with rows instead of comlumn positions?

Can anyone check this please?

ava.lang.StackOverflowError: nullava.lang.StackOverflowError: null at
org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.layer.SizeConfig.getDefaultSize(SizeConfig.java:338) ~[na:na] at o
rg.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.layer.SizeConfig.getSize(SizeConfig.java:388) ~[na:na] at
org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.layer.DataLayer.getRowHeightByPosition(DataLayer.java:414) ~[na:na] at
org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.layer.AbstractLayerTransform.getRowHeightByPosition(AbstractLayerTransform.java:274) ~[na:na] at org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.layer.AbstractLayerTransform.getRowHeightByPosition(AbstractLayerTransform.java:274) ~[na:na] at
org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.layer.LayerUtil.findRowPosition(LayerUtil.java:81) ~[na:na] at
org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.layer.LayerUtil.findRowPosition(LayerUtil.java:88) ~[na:na] at
org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.layer.LayerUtil.findRowPosition(LayerUtil.java:88) ~[na:na] at
org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.layer.LayerUtil.findRowPosition(LayerUtil.java:88) ~[na:na]
Re: StackOverFlow Error [message #1832458 is a reply to message #1832441] Fri, 18 September 2020 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was this ticket back then: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=462459

The implementation of findColumnPosition() and findRowPosition() are semantically the same.

I did not come across this issue for years. So not sure what I should check.

You could try to test the 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT, as I worked on dynamic scaling and maybe fixed this without knowing that such an issue exists.

Without further information there is nothing I can do, as I don't know whether you have a display scaling > 100%, if you use percentage sizing or whatever features you are using and under which condition this issue occurs.
Re: StackOverFlow Error [message #1832460 is a reply to message #1832458] Fri, 18 September 2020 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hm, looks like there is also an issue with the columns again: https://www.fakturama.info/community/hilfe-bei-installation-und-bedienung/einfuegen-eines-produkts-bringt-fehler/

But I really need some information about the display scaling and features used, to be able to reproduce the issue. Maybe it is again some rounding issue in some specific setup that is not covered by the tests. Would be great if you could provide some further information to investigate on this.
Re: StackOverFlow Error [message #1833103 is a reply to message #1832460] Fri, 02 October 2020 10:10 Go to previous message
should be fixed with https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=567540

As it seems to be not reproducible to create test cases out of it, I at least hope that this check fixes the error. If not please provide some steps to reproduce the issue reliably so I can create test cases.
Previous Topic:Same package in multiple versions
Next Topic:TreeLayer and RowReorderLayer -> supported?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:36:32 GMT 2024