Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Table Size after hiding column
Table Size after hiding column [message #1698753] Wed, 17 June 2015 15:24 Go to next message
Eugeniusz Kalafior is currently offline Eugeniusz KalafiorFriend
Hi, I need to hide some of the columns in the table (no problem with that, using ColumnHideCommand) and keep the table the same size as before hiding them (here I have a problem). Simple example: I have table with 4 equal size columns with their width defined as 25% for each, after hiding two of them I would like to keep the two that stays in the table with their width defined as 50% each. Instead of that I get 2 columns with width 25% of the table space and empty field for the remaining 50%. Is there any solution for such behavior already implemented, or should I figure something on my own?
Re: Table Size after hiding column [message #1698762 is a reply to message #1698753] Wed, 17 June 2015 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
If your columns should all have the same size, your requirement should work if you don't specify an explicit percentage with. Only enable percentage sizing.
Re: Table Size after hiding column [message #1698825 is a reply to message #1698762] Thu, 18 June 2015 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugeniusz Kalafior is currently offline Eugeniusz KalafiorFriend
Unfortunately I have different percentage values defined for each column, and I need the size of the column being hidden to be split (equally or proportionally) between the remaining columns.
Re: Table Size after hiding column [message #1698828 is a reply to message #1698825] Thu, 18 June 2015 09:01 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Then you need to find yourself a solution. From my point of view the behaviour is correct to render 25 percent if you specify that amount. That this value changes dynamically dependent on how much percentage is left in proportion of the percentage specified sounds like a quite complicated and error prone calculation.
Previous Topic:Using NatTable as a spreadsheet
Next Topic:Filter Row - Initial values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:21:09 GMT 2024