Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » I can't get Nattable working(Troubles installing Nattable and using it )
I can't get Nattable working [message #1698552] Tue, 16 June 2015 11:38 Go to next message
A SM is currently offline A SMFriend
Hello everybody!
Here is the thing: I've been using SWT for a while and it's cool, just SWT, not Jface, wich I can't get working as well. My problem is I'm behind a sever that not allows my Eclipse Luna 4.4.0 to directly connect with Eclipse.org downloads, then I used the alternative choice to download the projects and plugins. I downloaded the last SWT, the NatTable 1.3.0 zip repository, the Eclipse Orbit and then I put all of them together with zero complications. Eclipse recognized all these plugins and dependencies. Great! I thoutgh... Eclipse WindowsBuilder works fine... but no NatTable widget showed up. Then I tried to put it to work by typing it directly into the source code:

NatTable nattable = new NatTable(composite);

Eclipse told me that NatTable was not recognized... Oh my! Then I went back into Eclipse.org and I tried unsuccesfully to locate the properly plugins and dependencies. So, what to do? How can I put NatTable to work if I my Eclipse can't go into Eclipse.org by itself?

I will appreciate all the help you guys can give.

Thanks in advance!
Re: I can't get Nattable working [message #1698590 is a reply to message #1698552] Tue, 16 June 2015 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Sounds like you are missing some dependencies for NatTable. Have a look at the following tutorial:

http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/NatTable/article.html

NatTable is dependent to JFace and Apache logging. So I suppose these are missing and therefore NatTable doesn't start in an OSGi runtime.
Re: I can't get Nattable working [message #1698596 is a reply to message #1698590] Tue, 16 June 2015 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there, Dirk!
Thank you for your response, I'll check this out once again, but I'm planning to download everything and start all over.
Thanks

[Updated on: Tue, 16 June 2015 15:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I can't get Nattable working [message #1698599 is a reply to message #1698590] Tue, 16 June 2015 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there, one more time, Dirk!!!
In a moment of illumination this crossed my mind... does the jfacexxxxxxxxxx.jar that comes into the Eclipse and all other jars and dependencies also into Eclipse plugins folder would do the job?
Have no Eclipse here, I can't test... have to wait until I get home.
Re: I can't get Nattable working [message #1698621 is a reply to message #1698599] Tue, 16 June 2015 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Of course it should do the job. Aswell as the SWT and Eclipse core jars that are needed to get JFace running.

In the linked tutorial I should have listed all relevant dependencies.
Re: I can't get Nattable working [message #1698633 is a reply to message #1698621] Tue, 16 June 2015 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again Dirk!
Thank you very much... I appreaciate your time!
Re: I can't get Nattable working [message #1698752 is a reply to message #1698621] Wed, 17 June 2015 15:22 Go to previous message
Hello Dirk Fauth,
I need to thank you. It worked 100% Ok after reading your article and following your suggestions.
GO NATTABLE!!!
Previous Topic:Alternating Row Configuration
Next Topic:Problem with resizing table after scrollbar is hidden
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:06:31 GMT 2024