Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » project specific property
project specific property [message #1698399] Mon, 15 June 2015 10:43 Go to next message
Rolf Schumacher is currently offline Rolf SchumacherFriend
Is there a way to put project specific properties to elements?
One way would be to define a project specific stereotype for each element that needs that property - e.g. SIL value, or DOC-Seq - and define a regarding tag.

Is there a more straight-forward way for properties which are not important for model itself but for some post-processing?
Re: project specific property [message #1698402 is a reply to message #1698399] Mon, 15 June 2015 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Rolf,

In Papyrus 1.1.0/Mars, you can move some profile applications in a different resource (File). Although only one profile application model can be active at the same time, you can switch between different profile applications, which means that you can have different Stereotypes/Values.

In the model explorer, right click on a Package and select Refactor > Externalize Profile Applications

The separate profile applications can be manipulated from the Package's properties view ("Applications" tab)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: project specific property [message #1698406 is a reply to message #1698402] Mon, 15 June 2015 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Camille. I see, this is not available in Kepler version. Mars will be released end of this month. Worth waiting.
Assume a model that did not use a profile. (Can I call that "based on Standard-Profile" or is that some sort of build-in plain-UML?)
In a new profile if I would extend some element types available as Metaclasses in the Standard Profile e.g. Class, Association, ..., would I be able to enter a property value in a property that were not available before in my model? Introduced by a new Tag in the new profile extending Standard Profile?
Re: project specific property [message #1698408 is a reply to message #1698406] Mon, 15 June 2015 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I am currently using Luna version.
Re: project specific property [message #1698412 is a reply to message #1698408] Mon, 15 June 2015 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I think you are confusing the UML Metamodel (Defining Class, Association, ...) and the UML Standard Profile, which is actually a Profile, defining some Stereotypes (<<Derive>>, <<Refine>>, <<Metaclass>>, ....)

A Profile defines some Stereotypes, and Stereotypes can "extend" (Via an "Extension") a UML Metaclass, or inherit (Via a "Generalization") from another Stereotype.

You can add new Profiles and/or new Stereotypes and/or new Properties on any model, at any point in time

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: project specific property [message #1698445 is a reply to message #1698412] Mon, 15 June 2015 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you, Camille - i think you are right, my whish is not the way it will go.
Doing a model I did not use any profile, just plain UML.
After that I found out that I need non-standard properties, e.g. for elements like Class, Association, ... , properties like SIL, DOC-SEQ, ...
Now I am going to define a profile for that.
In <<EPackage>> Standard Profile I find the <Package Import>UML 2.5.0 Metamodel, where I can extend the Metaclasses, say I do me a new Class stereotype extending Class and a new Association stereotype extending Association from UML 2.5.0 Metamodel, giving them the required new properties, e.g. SIL, DOC-SEQ...

I guess I have to exchange any plain-UML element in my plain-UML model by my new stereotypes in order to get hold of the properties, right?

Do you know of any other way to attach project-specific information to UML elements?
Is using comments the only way?

Regards

Rolf

[Updated on: Mon, 15 June 2015 18:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: project specific property [message #1698515 is a reply to message #1698445] Tue, 16 June 2015 07:47 Go to previous message
Hi Rolf,

Stereotypes is actually the right concept for this. You don't "replace" UML Elements with a Stereotype. Instead, you "apply" a Stereotype on an existing UML Element (Class, Association, ...), to add the extra information you need

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:Change size of decorations for associations
Next Topic:Status SysML 1.4 @Mars
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:47:42 GMT 2024