Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » How to open a session on the local system with Terminal 3.3
How to open a session on the local system with Terminal 3.3 [message #1698381] Mon, 15 June 2015 08:31 Go to next message
Luís de Sousa is currently offline Luís de SousaFriend
Cheers all,

I just upgraded to the latest Terminal (3.3) available from the update site, in order to overcome this bug.

In the previous Terminal version, the New Terminal button would start a session on the local system right away. With the new version this is no longer the case, now Terminal asks if I want to connect via SSH, Telnet, or to a serial port, and none of these options function with localhost.

How can I start a new local session as before?

Thank you.
Re: How to open a session on the local system with Terminal 3.3 [message #1698405 is a reply to message #1698381] Mon, 15 June 2015 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
The latest Terminal is version 4.0 . Please install it from
http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/tm-terminal
and follow the instructions there.

In your case, it looks like some required plug-ins are missing. If you still see an issue with the instructions above, please file a bug and attach the output of Help > About > Configuration Details : Configuration .
Re: How to open a session on the local system with Terminal 3.3 [message #1698413 is a reply to message #1698405] Mon, 15 June 2015 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I now have version 4 installed. I still can not find any way to open a session on the local system; with SSH and telnet I get the same error messages as before.

There are no usage instructions regarding local sessions in the page you linked. In any event, I doubt this can be classified as a bug.

Regards.
Re: How to open a session on the local system with Terminal 3.3 [message #1698417 is a reply to message #1698413] Mon, 15 June 2015 12:41 Go to previous message
Ok, problem solved. Installing version 4 did not remove version 3.3 and was thus still using this older version. I had to remove it manually.

The version 4 terminal works as expected, seamlessly creating a local session.

Thank you.
Previous Topic:RSE ssh connections FAIL unless remotes' sshd_config has weak Ciphers/MACs ? Why?
Next Topic:Eclipse Juno Crashes on Centos Environment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:59:54 GMT 2024