Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Concerned with the Automatic Upload feature
Concerned with the Automatic Upload feature [message #1698308] Sat, 13 June 2015 05:31 Go to next message
Yang Yang is currently offline Yang YangFriend
My project has over a thousand PHP files that will need to be constantly sync-ed to my remote server. I'm still testing the Automatic Upload feature and have some concerns.

My remote server is half the planet away from me so sometimes the Internet connection may be slow and not very reliable. Sometimes it takes several attempts to upload just one file.

Given this, can I count on Eclipse to do the right job as when I used to with other FTP / SSH clients, while it indicated the file upload was a success it actually turned out to be wrong or half-uploaded.

Would Eclipse Automatic Upload do such a thing in times of a not so reliable Internet connection? Is there any bullet-proof check such as MD5 verification or something in place that can make it absolutely sure that the upload is successful and correct? So I don't have to worry about it.....cause' some files are very deep in the project, I can't test all of them out after each sync. That would drive me crazy. But not having a peaceful mind that's rest assured also drives me nuts.

Things would go wrong when that file is included and run. But before that, I'm not so sure if they are uploaded fully and correctly.

Should I be worried? Can somebody share their experience with Eclipse Automatic Upload. Can I count on it even if my Internet connection sucks?
Re: Concerned with the Automatic Upload feature [message #1698461 is a reply to message #1698308] Mon, 15 June 2015 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Dexter is currently offline Mark DexterFriend
For curiosity, why aren't you using git or some other source control? That would seem to be a much simpler and more standard solution to this type of use case. Good luck.
icon11.gif  Re: Concerned with the Automatic Upload feature [message #1703812 is a reply to message #1698461] Wed, 05 August 2015 07:09 Go to previous message
Wendy Wentzel is currently offline Wendy WentzelFriend
Just started using Eclipse and ran into the same issue, hopefully i'll find a solution too. Sad
Previous Topic:Exporting php source without comments
Next Topic:Unable to create run configuration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:40:59 GMT 2024