Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Vorto » Vorto documentation
Vorto documentation [message #1698143] Thu, 11 June 2015 14:50 Go to next message
Cedric Crettaz is currently offline Cedric CrettazFriend
Hello,

I am interesting to use the Eclipse Vorto project.
Where could I find the technical documentation, like a user guide to create a new Vorto project in Eclipse ?
I have already seen the videos on Youtube on the Bosch Vorto channel.
But I need more details of the different steps.

Best regards,
Cédric
Re: Vorto documentation [message #1698522 is a reply to message #1698143] Tue, 16 June 2015 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Edelmann is currently offline Alexander EdelmannFriend
Hello Cedric,

cool that you are interested in Vorto.
We are currently in the middle of the contribution approval process with Eclipse. Once this is completed, the code including the documentation will be available in github, under https://github.com/eclipse/vorto
Just follow and watch this repo for changes. It should have the source code quite soon Smile

Maybe in the meantime, I can help you with the steps you need clarification on?

- Alex

[Updated on: Tue, 16 June 2015 09:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Vorto documentation [message #1698527 is a reply to message #1698522] Tue, 16 June 2015 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much for your answer !

I only need a short description of the different steps to begin a new project with Vorto using Eclipse.

Best regards,
Cedric
Re: Vorto documentation [message #1698531 is a reply to message #1698527] Tue, 16 June 2015 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Install the Vorto plugins into Eclipse. Make sure you have installed XText 2.x prior that, as Vorto depends on these plugins.

Note, that steps 3 and 4 below are only available in the latest vorto 0.3 version.

Create an information model "Fibaro Motion Sensor" and generate code for it:
1. Switch to Vorto perspective
2. Create a function block model , 'MotionSensor' by right-clicking in the FB Treeview and select "Create new Function block". Define the services and properties using the DSL Editor.
3. Create an information model , e.g. Fibaro Motion Sensor
4. Drag & Drop the Function block from the treeview onto your information model.
*You can drop as many reusable FB's as you need onto your information model, in order to assemble your device*

5. Right-click on the information model (Version 0.1: Function Block) and select 'Generate Code', i.e. Web Device UI Generator'. This switches to the java perspective and you should be able to see the generated project. You can start it in a jetty server by using the maven command 'mvn jetty:run'

Does this help you, to get started?

- Alex
Re: Vorto documentation [message #1698532 is a reply to message #1698531] Tue, 16 June 2015 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much !

Yes, it helps me a lot Wink

BR,
Cedric
Re: Vorto documentation [message #1702255 is a reply to message #1698143] Tue, 21 July 2015 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sankha Sil is currently offline Sankha SilFriend
Hi,

Like Cedric I am also eager to use vorto.
I followed the guides updated in github and I am able to create a web application by generating the code.

But I am facing problem in accessing the Entity what I have defied and used in functional block. That entity is not getting generated.

As for example I provide some snap shots.
index.php/fa/22585/0/
In the above snapshot I have provided the "Rotation" as entity having some attribute. This entity I am using in Functional block "Gear".
After code generation into Web application
index.php/fa/22586/0/
The Functional block Gear configuration model class is not showing the Rotation entity.
Even I used a parameter for a method toggleWithDelay in functional block. That method got generated without any parameter.

Could you please help me with this problems?
I may have using it totally wrong.

P.S Could you also please provide steps to use Bosch M2M code generation.
I meant After generating the code how I can use it? how i can run it.

Thanks
-Sankha.
Re: Vorto documentation [message #1703361 is a reply to message #1702255] Fri, 31 July 2015 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luke Liao is currently offline Luke LiaoFriend
Hi Sankha,

The problem that you are facing is limitation of current Web device generator. Current version of the web device generator only supports generate UI for primitive types as its original purpose is to be used as demo for Code generators.

If you feel it can be enhanced, please create an issue in Bugzilla https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?list_id=12333029&product=Vorto&query_format=advanced.

Alternatively, you can try to enhance it and contribute your changes as vorto is open sourced in Github https://github.com/eclipse/vorto

-luke
Re: Vorto documentation [message #1703414 is a reply to message #1702255] Fri, 31 July 2015 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Sankha,

I am afraid that entities are currently not generated by the web device generator. There is a bugzilla for that though: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=474027

For this issue there is currently a branch in github, you might wanna check out: https://github.com/eclipse/vorto/tree/feature/Improve_Webdevice_Codegen
However this branch is still under development and not fully functional yet. That is why it is not yet merged into development branch.
I would think that we will finish this improvement by next week. Please watch the github vorto repo and bugzilla issue respectively for updates.

Regarding the Bosch M2M Code Generator, you would need to install and run the Bosch M2M platform including the agent hub gateway. Please refer to the Bosch M2M product documentation for further details.

Cheers, Alex
Re: Vorto documentation [message #1703665 is a reply to message #1703414] Tue, 04 August 2015 04:43 Go to previous message
Sankha Sil is currently offline Sankha SilFriend
Thanks Luke
Thanks Alexander.
Previous Topic:Mapping Vorto Model to Target Domain models
Next Topic:Definition of Arrays in Datatype / Function Block Models
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:24:33 GMT 2024