Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » why does buckminster not resolve my passed JVM argument?
why does buckminster not resolve my passed JVM argument? [message #1698105] Thu, 11 June 2015 10:43 Go to next message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio DonzeFriend
I have a jenkins job which uses buckminster to build an eclipse product.

At the beginning I have an "Extended Choice Parameter" where the "customer" key can be selected.

In the buckminster configuration I use this "customer" variable to select the right cquery:
import '${WORKSPACE}/source/scodi-customer/${customer}/server/features/ch.scodi.${customer}.server.feature/site.cquery'

Since the variable "customer" is per default not available in the commands, I added the following to the "JVM arguments":
-Dcustomer=${customer}

This all used to work well, but now I updated the server and build environment from Java 1.7 32-Bit to Java 1.8 64-Bit. Since then I get the following error trying to build:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: [Path to job]\source\scodi-customer\${customer}\server\features\ch.scodi.${customer}.server.feature\site.cquery (The system cannot find the path specified)

Before the variable was resolved fine.
Is this a buckminster or java8 problem, not being able to resolve the ${customer} variable? Is there maybe another (cleaner) way to pass the variable to the buckminster configuration?

I did some further testing and added the following to the JVM arguments, I get the same exception referring to a missing ${customer}. It looks to me that JVM arguments are ignored.
-Dcustomer=CUSTOMER

Prozessmanagement und Qualitätsmanagement Software QMS/IMS
https://www.scodi.ch
Re: why does buckminster not resolve my passed JVM argument? [message #1700031 is a reply to message #1698105] Mon, 29 June 2015 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was looking into this again and I just noticed that ${WORKSPACE} and ${QUALIFIER} is working, e.g. import '${WORKSPACE}/source/scodi-customer..
How or where is this defined what variables are available?

greets and thanks for any help
Flavio

Re: why does buckminster not resolve my passed JVM argument? [message #1700107 is a reply to message #1700031] Tue, 30 June 2015 07:43 Go to previous message
Finally I found a workaround.

I had to rename my "customer" variable to "CUSTOMER", now it is resolved in the buckminster command area:

import '${WORKSPACE}/source/scodi-customer/${customer}/server/features/ch.scodi.${customer}.server.feature/site.cquery'
To:
import '${WORKSPACE}/source/scodi-customer/${CUSTOMER}/server/features/ch.scodi.${CUSTOMER}.server.feature/site.cquery'

Also my JVM parameters from:
-Dcustomer=${customer}
To:
-Dcustomer=${CUSTOMER}

Found out the JVM parameters are not relevant to the buckminster command interface but are used later in "cspex" files.

Running Jenkins on a Windows machine this might be the Problem...
So the actual problem was the naming of the "Extended Choice Parameter", not being capitalized.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 June 2015 07:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Issues with p2.inf for a product file that lies next to a feature.xml file
Next Topic:Simplest possible buckminster build?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:21:08 GMT 2024