Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » Loading metamodel uri='MyModel' failed(i cant load the metamodel)
Loading metamodel uri='MyModel' failed [message #1697905] Tue, 09 June 2015 14:04 Go to next message
Gonzalo Bressan Zuber is currently offline Gonzalo Bressan ZuberFriend
Hi,

Through the option "Discovery->Discoverers->Discover Java Model from Java Project" i got the sourcemodel.ecore model, but when i consult the Window->Show View->Other->Metamodel Explorer in the Workspace item i see the following error.

http://fotos.subefotos.com/bc4da1f80cffb79be49a811de5d8bc79o.png

Please help me.

Regards.

Re: Loading metamodel uri='MyModel' failed [message #1697922 is a reply to message #1697905] Tue, 09 June 2015 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello,

The MoDisco Java Model Discoverer produces a model that conforms to the Java metamodel provided by MoDisco (cf. the MoDisco documentation from help.eclipse.org, "MoDisco User Guide -> Technologies -> Java -> Java discoverer").
Thus it should produces an ".xmi" file (i.e. a model) and not an ".ecore" file (i.e. a metamodel).
You should change your file extension to reflect this, and then you will be able to open the produced Java model with any EMF reflective editor, such as the MoDisco Model Browser for instance.
I hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
Re: Loading metamodel uri='MyModel' failed [message #1697969 is a reply to message #1697922] Tue, 09 June 2015 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Hugo,

Can i transform models (no metamodels) with QVTo? Change a plus sign for a minus sign for instance?

Thanks.
Re: Loading metamodel uri='MyModel' failed [message #1697972 is a reply to message #1697922] Tue, 09 June 2015 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Referring to models that conforms to the MoDisco Java Metamodel.

Regards,
Re: Loading metamodel uri='MyModel' failed [message #1697996 is a reply to message #1697972] Wed, 10 June 2015 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Of course, the purpose of model-to-model transformation languages is to transform any kinds of models.
So you can transform your Java model to any other model (that conform to any other metamodel).
You should take a look to the first part of this presentation that introduces the base concepts of Model Driven Engineering as well as of model transformation.
On a same topic, you should also take a look to the introduction of the ATL transformation language core concepts.

Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
Re: Loading metamodel uri='MyModel' failed [message #1698039 is a reply to message #1697996] Wed, 10 June 2015 14:08 Go to previous message
Hello Hugo,

I consulted the documentation that you provided me and some concepts are more cleare.

Basically that i need is define a java program, then generate a model for it, transform it and finally obtain the java program again.

I would make the transformation with QVTo.

What is the most appropriate way to do this according to you?

This work is for my grade thesis and i believe that you could help me much.

Best regards.
Previous Topic:MoDisco used/referenced in/from the ARTIST Open Source Release for Cloud migration
Next Topic:Custom Discoverer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:52:40 GMT 2024