Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Where are 'org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.uicore.**' classes in Papyrus 1.0.2?(Classes dependency)
Where are 'org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.uicore.**' classes in Papyrus 1.0.2? [message #1697568] Fri, 05 June 2015 02:57 Go to next message
MyungWoon Oh is currently offline MyungWoon OhFriend
Hi.

I had made a custom model explorer in Papyrus-0.9.1.
Now I'm migrating that custom model explorer into Papyrus-1.0.2, and I found that a lot of EMF Facet stuffs are changed in the current 1.0.2

What I want to find are like below:

org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.uicore.internal.AppearanceConfiguration;
org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.uicore.internal.model.ITreeElement;
org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.uicore.internal.model.ItemsFactory;
org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.uicore.internal.model.ModelElementItem;
org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.uicore.internal.model.LinkItem;
org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.Messages;
org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.custom.MetamodelView;
org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.custom.TypeView;
org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.custom.core.CustomizationsCatalog;
org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.uicore.CustomizableModelContentProvider;
org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.uicore.internal.AppearanceConfiguration;
org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.uicore.internal.model.ItemsFactory;

I've already checked https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=374109, which says,

Quote:
org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.custom* plug-ins are replaced by org.eclipse.emf.facet.custom.*

But I couldn't find how to map those classes above to new versions of emf facet classes.

Could anyone let me know the mapping between old and new classes, or history of EMF Facet classes, so I can migrate my custom model explorer into Papyrus-1.0.2?

[Updated on: Fri, 05 June 2015 03:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Where are 'org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.uicore.**' classes in Papyrus 1.0.2? [message #1697585 is a reply to message #1697568] Fri, 05 June 2015 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

There is no straightforward mapping or automated migration tool from EMF Facet 0.1.x models and Papyrus Facet 1.0.0+ models (Corresponding to EMF Facet 0.2+ models)

The EMF Facet metamodel has been rewritten after 0.2.x and is not compatible with the former versions (Although both were supported in parallel for some time). When releasing Papyrus 1.0.0, we had to fork EMF Facet for several reasons and decided to go with the 0.2+ metamodel.

So, the plug-ins your are looking for don't exist anymore, and older versions of these plug-ins will not work with Papyrus 1.0.0+. Instead, you should use the equivalent feature in Papyrus Facet (org.eclipse.papyrus.emf.facet.*). Unfortunately, the tooling for manipulating these models is not as good as it were in EMF Facet 0.1.x, so it might be a little bit complicated to do the migration

Facets and Customs are documented in the Eclipse Help under Contents > Papyrus Guide > User Guide > Facet.

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Where are 'org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.uicore.**' classes in Papyrus 1.0.2? [message #1711282 is a reply to message #1697585] Wed, 14 October 2015 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ronan B is currently offline Ronan BFriend
Hi!
It is quite annoying that the documentation is still not available on the internet. Can't it be published there too, as well as via the F1 help?
Regards,
Ronan
Re: Where are 'org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.uicore.**' classes in Papyrus 1.0.2? [message #1711287 is a reply to message #1711282] Wed, 14 October 2015 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

Hi, Ronan,

That's https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=443315

The last I heard, this was blocked by our doc bundles having
dependencies on some other plug-ins that don't belong in an Eclipse
InfoCenter.

Cheers,

Christian

On 2015-10-14 14:24:56 +0000, Ronan B said:

> Hi!
> It is quite annoying that the documentation is still not available on
> the internet. Can't it be published there too, as well as via the F1
> help?
> Regards,
> Ronan
Re: Where are 'org.eclipse.emf.facet.infra.browser.uicore.**' classes in Papyrus 1.0.2? [message #1711295 is a reply to message #1711287] Wed, 14 October 2015 16:14 Go to previous message
Ronan B is currently offline Ronan BFriend
Ok, good to know. I hope this gets resolved soon. Thanks Christian.
Previous Topic:How to create programmatically a Papyrus Model ?
Next Topic:Showing the icon of a second profile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:29:58 GMT 2024