Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster dev » [buckminster-dev] download buckminster headless issue
[buckminster-dev] download buckminster headless issue [message #1697561] Thu, 04 June 2015 23:39 Go to next message
Siva Gaddam is currently offline Siva GaddamFriend
<div dir="ltr"><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div>Hello,<br><br></div>I&#39;m trying to configure jenkins to build dsl projects. Thus, i started off writing shell script to install director and buckminster commandlin product. Unfortunately, our server is behind firewall and they don&#39;t like to setup proxy on our servers. Here is what I&#39;m doing.<br><br></div>1. Download the director<br></div>2. unzip and ran the following command to download buckminster headless<br><br>./director -r <a href="http://download.eclipse.org/tools/buckminster/headless-4.4/">http://download.eclipse.org/tools/buckminster/headless-4.4/</a> -d ./buck -downloadOnly -p Buckminster<br><br></div>    ---&gt; showing help. <br></div><div><br></div>Anyone succeded in downloading the artifact? please share the command.<br><br></div>if it&#39;s a bug with director, does it work if I do the following.<br><br></div>1. Use director to install buckminster<br></div>2. Zip buckminster and upload to our internal repo<br></div>3. Download the buckminster from our internal repo, unzip to some location build server through shell script which will run on jenkins server.<br></div>4. build the project with -Dbuckminster.home = &lt;location from step 3&gt;<br><br></div>I really appreciate your help.<br><br></div>Thanks.<br><br></div>-Siva.<br><div><div><br><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><div><br></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>
Re: [buckminster-dev] download buckminster headless issue [message #1697574 is a reply to message #1697561] Fri, 05 June 2015 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Siva,

The second option should work provided that the different servers are on the same architecture, but ensure that you
install a movable product (i.e. use the director option -roaming) and make sure that the installation directory (the
argument to -destination) is an absolute path.

It might be good to initialize the product after unzipping it on a server, i.e.

buckminster -initialize

HTH,
- thomas

On 2015-06-05 01:39, sivanarayana ganesh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to configure jenkins to build dsl projects. Thus, i started off writing shell script to install director and
> buckminster commandlin product. Unfortunately, our server is behind firewall and they don't like to setup proxy on our
> servers. Here is what I'm doing.
>
> 1. Download the director
> 2. unzip and ran the following command to download buckminster headless
>
> ./director -r http://download.eclipse.org/tools/buckminster/headless-4.4/ -d ./buck -downloadOnly -p Buckminster
>
> ---> showing help.
>
> Anyone succeded in downloading the artifact? please share the command.
>
> if it's a bug with director, does it work if I do the following.
>
> 1. Use director to install buckminster
> 2. Zip buckminster and upload to our internal repo
> 3. Download the buckminster from our internal repo, unzip to some location build server through shell script which will
> run on jenkins server.
> 4. build the project with -Dbuckminster.home = <location from step 3>
>
> I really appreciate your help.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Siva.
>
>
Re: [buckminster-dev] download buckminster headless issue [message #1697645 is a reply to message #1697574] Fri, 05 June 2015 14:52 Go to previous message
Siva Gaddam is currently offline Siva GaddamFriend
<div dir="ltr">Hi Thomas,<div><br></div><div>Thank you very much.</div><div><br></div><div>-Siva.</div></div><div class="gmail_extra"><br><div class="gmail_quote">On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 11:15 PM, Thomas Hallgren <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:thomas@xxxxxxxx" target="_blank">thomas@xxxxxxxx</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi Siva,<br>
<br>
The second option should work provided that the different servers are on the same architecture, but ensure that you install a movable product (i.e. use the director option -roaming) and make sure that the installation directory (the argument to -destination) is an absolute path.<br>
<br>
It might be good to initialize the product after unzipping it on a server, i.e.<br>
<br>
buckminster -initialize<br>
<br>
HTH,<br>
- thomas<div><div class="h5"><br>
<br>
On 2015-06-05 01:39, sivanarayana ganesh wrote:<br>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Hello,<br>
<br>
I&#39;m trying to configure jenkins to build dsl projects. Thus, i started off writing shell script to install director and<br>
buckminster commandlin product. Unfortunately, our server is behind firewall and they don&#39;t like to setup proxy on our<br>
servers. Here is what I&#39;m doing.<br>
<br>
1. Download the director<br>
2. unzip and ran the following command to download buckminster headless<br>
<br>
../director -r <a href="http://download.eclipse.org/tools/buckminster/headless-4.4/" target="_blank">http://download.eclipse.org/tools/buckminster/headless-4.4/</a> -d ./buck -downloadOnly -p Buckminster<br>
<br>
     ---&gt; showing help.<br>
<br>
Anyone succeded in downloading the artifact? please share the command.<br>
<br>
if it&#39;s a bug with director, does it work if I do the following.<br>
<br>
1. Use director to install buckminster<br>
2. Zip buckminster and upload to our internal repo<br>
3. Download the buckminster from our internal repo, unzip to some location build server through shell script which will<br>
run on jenkins server.<br>
4. build the project with -Dbuckminster.home = &lt;location from step 3&gt;<br>
<br>
I really appreciate your help.<br>
<br>
Thanks.<br>
<br>
-Siva.<br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote>
<br></div></div>
_______________________________________________<br>
buckminster-dev mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:buckminster-dev@xxxxxxxx" target="_blank">buckminster-dev@xxxxxxxx</a><br>
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit<br>
<a href="https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/buckminster-dev" target="_blank">https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/buckminster-dev</a><br>
</blockquote></div><br></div>
Previous Topic:[buckminster-dev] Windows proxy issue
Next Topic:Re: [buckminster-dev] download buckminster headless issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:41:10 GMT 2024