Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Looking for a Tool Combination for Big Data Programming
icon5.gif  Looking for a Tool Combination for Big Data Programming [message #1697545] Thu, 04 June 2015 17:36 Go to next message
David Klein is currently offline David KleinFriend
Hello Eclipse Community,

I programmed a tool for Big Data Analysis in VBA/SQL. Now I want to create a new tool which is similar but related to another topic.

For this project, I wanted to use RAP in combination with Hibernate and maybe Birt as reporting tool. I am a beginner in this field but I am willing to learn Smile

So my question is: For the following purposes
1. Multi-User Capability
2. Big Data (in the sense of several gigabyte data which need to be handled by my plugins)
3. not a high sophisticated software but a tailored tool to solve just a problem like: data is in the database, tool calculates and shows tables/reports with informations

which methods/tools can anyone advise to take a look at? For example I am a bit expirienced with Visual Paradigm and Hibernate. But I also found a good tutorial on EMF, GMF, CDO which I understand is similar to VP/Hibernate?

A would be grateful for any advise Smile

Thanks
David
Re: Looking for a Tool Combination for Big Data Programming [message #1697638 is a reply to message #1697545] Fri, 05 June 2015 14:12 Go to previous message
David Klein is currently offline David KleinFriend
Sorry, forgot to add Teneo to the above List. The Tutorial I mean is "Single sourcing for databases management with RAP, EMF and Teneo" by RCP-Vision. It is from 2011, so I found it more up to date than the most tutorials on this topic...

Any input from the community would be appreciated Smile

Previous Topic:Trouble deploying Thym to Android Device
Next Topic:(Thym) Cordova App Can't find cordova_plugins.js
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:45:15 GMT 2024