Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Internal error when trying to open an aird file(Cannot modify resource set without a write transaction exception when opening an aird file)
Internal error when trying to open an aird file [message #1697464] Thu, 04 June 2015 07:36 Go to next message
Steven Kauffmann is currently offline Steven KauffmannFriend
Hi all,

When opening my aird file I'm getting the following error: An internal error occurred during: "Loading models". The stack trace can be found below [1].

The last modification has been made by a colleague of my and it seems that he's still using the Luna SR1 release while I'm using the Luna SR2 release. We didn't expect that within the Luna release this should give us problems. So any idea what can be the issue and how to solve it?

[1] The complete strack Trace:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot modify resource set without a write transaction
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.assertWriting(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:348)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.appendNotification(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:302)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.processObjectNotification(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:284)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.notifyChanged(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:240)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:374)
at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDConcreteComponentImpl.eNotify(XSDConcreteComponentImpl.java:1153)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreEList.dispatchNotification(EcoreEList.java:249)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotifyingListImpl.addAllUnique(NotifyingListImpl.java:457)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotifyingListImpl.addAllUnique(NotifyingListImpl.java:400)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.AbstractEList.addAll(AbstractEList.java:370)
at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.createFundamentalFacets(XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.java:3037)
at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.getCardinalityFacet(XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.java:3000)
at org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.eGet(XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.java:2599)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1011)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:998)
at org.eclipse.sirius.ecore.extender.tool.internal.ReferencesResolver.resolveCrossReferences(ReferencesResolver.java:100)
at org.eclipse.sirius.ecore.extender.tool.internal.ReferencesResolver.doResolveAll(ReferencesResolver.java:93)
at org.eclipse.sirius.ecore.extender.tool.internal.ReferencesResolver.resolve(ReferencesResolver.java:74)
at org.eclipse.sirius.ecore.extender.tool.api.ModelUtils.resolveAll(ModelUtils.java:418)
at org.eclipse.sirius.business.internal.session.danalysis.DAnalysisRefresher.forceLoadingOfEveryLinkedResource(DAnalysisRefresher.java:170)
at org.eclipse.sirius.business.internal.session.danalysis.DAnalysisSessionImpl.open(DAnalysisSessionImpl.java:533)
at org.eclipse.sirius.ui.tools.internal.views.common.modelingproject.OpenRepresentationsFileJob.performOpenSession(OpenRepresentationsFileJob.java:315)
at org.eclipse.sirius.ui.tools.internal.views.common.modelingproject.OpenRepresentationsFileJob.runInWorkspace(OpenRepresentationsFileJob.java:213)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Re: Internal error when trying to open an aird file [message #1697641 is a reply to message #1697464] Fri, 05 June 2015 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Le 04/06/2015 09:36, Steven Kauffmann a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> When opening my aird file I'm getting the following error: An internal
> error occurred during: "Loading models". The stack trace can be found
> below [1].
>
> The last modification has been made by a colleague of my and it seems
> that he's still using the Luna SR1 release while I'm using the Luna SR2
> release. We didn't expect that within the Luna release this should give
> us problems. So any idea what can be the issue and how to solve it?

It seems that the model is modified during the resolveAll done by Sirius:
org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.createFundamentalFacets(XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.java:3037)
at
org.eclipse.xsd.impl.XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.getCardinalityFacet(XSDSimpleTypeDefinitionImpl.java:3000)

A getter try to complete the model before returning the value.

It seems you use a metamodel based on xsd, did you make some changes in
your metamodel ?

Regards

--
Maxime - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Internal error when trying to open an aird file [message #1697788 is a reply to message #1697641] Mon, 08 June 2015 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steven Kauffmann is currently offline Steven KauffmannFriend
Hi Maxim,

The metamodel is in an ecore file, but what we did (and since then we are having problems) was exporting it to an XSD scheme in order to use it in another tool.

Is it possible that the XSD exporter (xml - xsd schema definition SDK) is causing problems?

Cheers
Steven
Re: Internal error when trying to open an aird file [message #1716262 is a reply to message #1697464] Wed, 02 December 2015 14:44 Go to previous message
Juergen Heuer is currently offline Juergen HeuerFriend
Hi, did this one get resolved? Am getting the same error message with trace... The error occurs when I open the modelling perspective.
Previous Topic:Operation acton: how to get to the semantic element
Next Topic:programmatically create a second aird file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:42:56 GMT 2024