Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Eclipse deploy jar instead of war
Eclipse deploy jar instead of war [message #1697328] Wed, 03 June 2015 08:12 Go to next message
moritz du is currently offline moritz duFriend
I have a maven project with 2 modules, both are war (both inherit same war-plugin configuration from parent). One of the is a jax-rs 2 application. If i build it and deploy it manually on wildfly it works fine. The arquillian tests (war deployment) are also work fine.

The problem is if i try to add this project to the server within eclipse (via addand remove dialog from servers) eclipse seem to deploy a jar. Wildfly throws many error. the first one:

Quote:
09:37:01,360 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-2) MSC000001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."timetracker-backend.jar".POST_MODULE: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."timetracker-backend.jar".POST_MODULE: JBAS018733: Failed to process phase POST_MODULE of deployment "timetracker-backend.jar"

Wildfly shows the deployment as "timetracker-backend.jar" with error mark:
index.php/fa/22057/0/

So how to get eclipse to deploy it correctly? For some reason Eclipse seems to make a difference between both modules (the 2nd - yet empty one is deployed as war) and the symbol eclipse uses in add-remove dialog also differs:
index.php/fa/22058/0/
So how to fix this? (i want eclipse to sync state of both wars)
Re: Eclipse deploy jar instead of war [message #1697384 is a reply to message #1697328] Wed, 03 June 2015 14:07 Go to previous message
Roberto Sanchez Herrera is currently offline Roberto Sanchez HerreraFriend
Hello,
What facets are installed in the timetracker-backend project? You can see this by going to the properties of the project and select Project Facets.
Also, I assume both projects specify "war" as the packaging, correct?
Previous Topic:Take existing JS project and make it deployable with WTP
Next Topic: jpa Tools -> Generate entities from Tables in SQL Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:50:29 GMT 2024