Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » Nebula grid GridVisibleRangeSupport very slow or freezes (Nebula grid GridVisibleRangeSupport very slow or freezes )
Nebula grid GridVisibleRangeSupport very slow or freezes [message #1697288] Tue, 02 June 2015 22:42 Go to next message
Dhiresh Patel  is currently offline Dhiresh Patel Friend
I am using Nebula GridTreeViewer and Grid. I am also using GridVisibleRangeSupport to get to visible rows. The grid has 60 columns. I use visible rows to get additional data for the rows asynchronously and lazily update them. It works fine until when I expand a node and data coming back is about 1500 rows. After that it seems to slow down or freeze on any kind of mouseclick on the grid (closing/expanding the node, scrolling) or viewer refresh programmatically.

Even when I removed asynchronous processing, by mere attaching of the GridVisibleRangeSupport slowed down everything when rows returned were about 1500.

If I don't attach GridVisibleRangeSupport then those 1500 rows do not seem to slow down or freeze the UI.

My project requires to get additional data from database for visible rows(e.g. when scrolling).

Nebula Grid I have is from year 2012 - ver = 1.0.0.201209220511

I will appreciate if somebody can give me some input.

Dhiresh
Re: Nebula grid GridVisibleRangeSupport very slow or freezes [message #1697413 is a reply to message #1697288] Wed, 03 June 2015 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi Diresh,

Please update to the latest version. We have made many performance improvements.

Best regards,

Wim
Re: Nebula grid GridVisibleRangeSupport very slow or freezes [message #1697438 is a reply to message #1697413] Thu, 04 June 2015 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you!
I am now using org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.grid_1.0.0.201506030727.

Although the performance has improved, the problem with one node that
brings back over 1500 rows remains the same. It still freezes and drastically slows down. Is there anything else that may need to change?

Thanks,

Dhiresh
Re: Nebula grid GridVisibleRangeSupport very slow or freezes [message #1697554 is a reply to message #1697438] Thu, 04 June 2015 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi Dhiresh,

Please file a bug against Nebula/Grid and provide the smallest possible snippet that demonstrates your problem.

Regards,

Wim
Re: Nebula grid GridVisibleRangeSupport very slow or freezes [message #1697562 is a reply to message #1697554] Fri, 05 June 2015 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My problem seems to be during my getting back of data from database and
frequently updating the grid and calling Viewer's refresh method.
With small amount of rows, this works well but with many rows(and sixty columns)
the refresh takes a while. Label provider that I am using is a class which implements implements ITableLabelProvider, ITableColorProvider.

My question - is there a more efficient way to implement label provider?

Also limit the viewer refresh calls.

Thanks,

Dhiresh
Re: Nebula grid GridVisibleRangeSupport very slow or freezes [message #1697737 is a reply to message #1697562] Sun, 07 June 2015 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
On 05.06.15 02:21, Dhiresh Patel wrote:
> My problem seems to be during my getting back of data from database and
> frequently updating the grid and calling Viewer's refresh method. With

Viewer#refresh is not the right way to force and update you should call
Viewer#update()!

> small amount of rows, this works well but with many rows(and sixty columns)
> the refresh takes a while. Label provider that I am using is a class
> which implements implements ITableLabelProvider, ITableColorProvider.
>
> My question - is there a more efficient way to implement label provider?
>
> Also limit the viewer refresh calls.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dhiresh
Re: Nebula grid GridVisibleRangeSupport very slow or freezes [message #1697845 is a reply to message #1697737] Tue, 09 June 2015 00:45 Go to previous message
Thank you very much!
Viewer update works very well.

Dhiresh
Previous Topic:pageableTable Not Updated Widget
Next Topic:NatTable Usage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 16:01:51 GMT 2024