Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [TEXO] Performance issue during Serializing Objects into XMI using Texo's ModelXMLSaver([TEXO] Performance issue during Serializing Objects into XMI using Texo's ModelXMLSaver)
[TEXO] Performance issue during Serializing Objects into XMI using Texo's ModelXMLSaver [message #1696909] Fri, 29 May 2015 10:28 Go to next message
Sunny T is currently offline Sunny TFriend
During serialization of objects, it was noticed that the CPU utilization was very high (in the attached screenshot it is around 50 percent, but sometimes it was around 100 percent) and the call to the ModelXMLSaver.write() did not return even after several hours. And in few occasions, this behavior was followed by OutOfMemoryException.

This issue does not occur consistently. But, it is noticed when the application is running for few days. However, I am not able to reproduce this issue.

Also, in few cases, the ModelXMLLoader.read() call does not return.

@Martin - Any idea what could be wrong in these cases. If you need additional inputs please let me know.

PS - The model package is initialized before calling the write() or read() method.

index.php/fa/22003/0/

[Updated on: Fri, 29 May 2015 10:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [TEXO] Performance issue during Serializing Objects into XMI using Texo's ModelXMLSaver [message #1696992 is a reply to message #1696909] Sat, 30 May 2015 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Sunny,
Can it be, are you recreating a new modelxmlloader for each action or re-using it? Same for modelxmlsaver, re-using or
recreating the object?

How large/how many objects are being (de-)serialized?

gr. Martin

On 29-05-15 12:28, Sunny T wrote:
> During serialization of objects, it was noticed that the CPU utilization was very high (in the attached screenshot it is around 50 percent, but sometimes it was around 100 percent) and the call to the ModelXMLSaver.write() did not return even after several hours. And in few occasions, this behavior was followed by OutOfMemoryException.
>
> This issue does not occur consistently. But, it is noticed when the application is running for few days. However, I am not able to reproduce this issue.
>
> Also, in few cases, the ModelXMLLoader.read() call does not return.
>
> @Martin - Any idea what could be wrong in these cases. If you need additional inputs please let me know.
>
> PS - The model package is initialized before calling the write() or read() method.
>

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@xxxxxxxx - mtaal@xxxxxxxx
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Re: [TEXO] Performance issue during Serializing Objects into XMI using Texo's ModelXMLSaver [message #1697057 is a reply to message #1696992] Mon, 01 June 2015 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Martin,

Below is a pseudo-code of how I am using the ModelXMLSaver.

function serializeToXMI(objects)
{
ModelXMLSaver saver = new ModelXMLSaver();
saver.setObjects(objectsToSerialize);
saver.write(objects);
}

This method would be called whenever the model has to be serialized to XMI. The code to read from the XMI is very similar to this, the ModelXMLLoader instance would be created inside the function. Could this be an issue?

The total number of objects would be around 60,000. Each object has around 4 to 5 fields including references in total. The size of the serialized XMI is around 27 MB.

Regards,
Sunny

[Updated on: Mon, 01 June 2015 09:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [TEXO] Performance issue during Serializing Objects into XMI using Texo's ModelXMLSaver [message #1697163 is a reply to message #1697057] Tue, 02 June 2015 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Sunny,
The texo test environment also is runs a larger model. I have tested with these number of objects you mention also. But
it is possble that your model has a different structure.

Can you create an issue and attach a test model which kind of looks like your model? So a model with the same kind of
structure as your life model. Texo uses test data generation so I can probably easily test it with the volumes you mention.

gr. Martin

On 01-06-15 11:04, Sunny T wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> The below is a pseudo-code of how I am using the ModelXMLSaver.
>
> function serializeToXMI(objects)
> {
> ModelXMLSaver saver = new ModelXMLSaver();
> saver.setObjects(objectsToSerialize);
> saver.write(objects);
> }
>
> This method would be called whenever the model has to be serialized to XMI. The code to read from the XMI is very
> similar to this, the ModelXMLLoader instance would be created inside the function. Could this be an issue?
>
> The total number of objects would be around 60,000. Each object has around 4 to 5 fields including references in total.
> The size of the serialized XMI is around 27 MB.
>
> Regards,
> Sunny
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@xxxxxxxx - mtaal@xxxxxxxx
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Re: [TEXO] Performance issue during Serializing Objects into XMI using Texo's ModelXMLSaver [message #1697459 is a reply to message #1697163] Thu, 04 June 2015 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Martin,

I am in process of creating the test model. I will create an issue and attach the test model there.

Regards,
Sunny
Re: [TEXO] Performance issue during Serializing Objects into XMI using Texo's ModelXMLSaver [message #1697619 is a reply to message #1697459] Fri, 05 June 2015 12:37 Go to previous message
Hi Martin,

I have created an issue for this : https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=469474 . The test model as well is added as an attachment.

Regards,
Sunny
Previous Topic:[Teneo] Check Existing Database Schema
Next Topic:Can't find "initialize ecore diagram file"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:50:07 GMT 2024