Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » config-description parameter-group(Usage of parameter groups)
config-description parameter-group [message #1696448] Tue, 26 May 2015 14:18 Go to next message
Dirk Stueben is currently offline Dirk StuebenFriend
Hello,

I am writing a binding for our products, that have a lot of configuration parameter (from 15 for some devices to 587 for the currently most complex device). That is why I want to group them.
In the documentation is an example of a "parameter-group", but how could I specify which parameter is in which group?
In the table with the property documentation is the property "group", that I thougt is to define to which group a parameter should belong to, but if I use it, the validation with the xsd, used in the examples, failed.

Could someone please provide an example of the usage of the "parameter-group" with several parameter that belongs to the group in a valid xml for the xsd.
Re: config-description parameter-group [message #1696465 is a reply to message #1696448] Tue, 26 May 2015 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Jackson is currently offline Chris JacksonFriend
You can set the groupName element in the XML for each parameter. This sets the group to which the parameter belongs.

The doc is wrong - this changed names a couple of times during development and the doc is out of date so I'll update it tonight...

Chris
Re: config-description parameter-group [message #1696477 is a reply to message #1696465] Tue, 26 May 2015 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Jackson is currently offline Chris JacksonFriend
Sorry - it's also an attribute, not an element...

<parameter name="username" type="text" groupName="user">
			<context>password</context>
			<label>Username</label>
			<description>Name of a registered hue bridge user, that allows to access the API.
			</description>
		</parameter>
Re: config-description parameter-group [message #1696524 is a reply to message #1696477] Wed, 27 May 2015 05:29 Go to previous message
Dirk Stueben is currently offline Dirk StuebenFriend
Thanks for the answer and for updating the documentation
Previous Topic:new please help-installation problem
Next Topic:Modifying channel properties
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:30:36 GMT 2024