Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » VIATRA » [model obfuscator] Cannot see GUI contribution
[model obfuscator] Cannot see GUI contribution [message #1696075] Thu, 21 May 2015 13:58 Go to next message
Ronan B is currently offline Ronan BFriend
Hi,
I installed the model obfuscator from the update site at https://hudson.eclipse.org/viatra/job/viatra-modelobfuscator-master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/releng/org.eclipse.viatra.modelobfuscator.update/target/repository/ on top of Eclipse 4.4.2, EMF 2.10.2

The install went just fine and I see the tool listed in the Installation Details. Now when I open a EMF model using the Sample Ecore Model Editor I do not see the menu contribution to perform the obfuscation. What did I do wrong?

Thanks,
Ronan
Re: [model obfuscator] Cannot see GUI contribution [message #1696079 is a reply to message #1696075] Thu, 21 May 2015 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abel Hegedus is currently offline Abel HegedusFriend
Hi,

please check if the menu contribution exists if you open the model with the "Sample Reflective Ecore Model Editor".
As you can see in http://git.eclipse.org/c/viatra/org.eclipse.viatra.modelobfuscator.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.viatra.modelobfuscator.ui/plugin.xml "org.eclipse.emf.ecore.presentation.EcoreEditorID" is not registered.

If you think it would be helpful to add it to that editor, please open a bugzilla.

Cheers

[Updated on: Thu, 21 May 2015 14:04] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: [model obfuscator] Cannot see GUI contribution [message #1696145 is a reply to message #1696079] Fri, 22 May 2015 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ronan B is currently offline Ronan BFriend
Hi Abel,
Yep that works, thanks! This tool has great potential.

I have some suggested improvements that mean it could be used for industral UML models, where profiles are nearly always used. I'll type them in here and then create a bugzilla.

- The menu contribution should be available on the "Sample Ecore Model Editor" and the "UML Model Editor". The obfuscation works via the reflective editor but it would be convienient for users to have this support.

- I can obfuscate a UML profile but it will be destroyed. The problem is that properties which state the UML type being extended/stereotyped *must* follow the naming convention base_UMLELEMENTNAME e.g. base_Package These names cannot be obfuscated if the profile is going to work. So there should be an orgorithm to check if the name starts with "base_" and the type is a UML2 Type, these properties would then not be obfuscated.

- There are some strings which are replaced by the obfuscator that result in invalid models/profiles. For example using the = character is not always allowed. Can you change the algorithm to only use numbers and letters?

- Models using the obfucated profile must have their stereotype application names changed. Could you, when obfuscating a profile, generate a Map/Table in the log of the original OLD_PROFILE_NAME:OLD_STEREOTYPE_NAME->OBFUSCATED_PROFILE_NAME:OBFUSCATED_STEREOTYPE_NAME

Regards,
Ronan

See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=467999

[Updated on: Fri, 22 May 2015 11:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [model obfuscator] Cannot see GUI contribution [message #1697193 is a reply to message #1696145] Tue, 02 June 2015 09:48 Go to previous message
Abel Hegedus is currently offline Abel HegedusFriend
Thanks for the suggestions and the creation of the issue, Ronan!

I will see when I can get to work on the tool again. In addition, I will split your suggestions to separate issues for better handling.

Cheers
Previous Topic:Generating Random Numbers
Next Topic:Using VIATRA transformations efficiently on a subgraph of an EMF model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:38:14 GMT 2024