Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Difference between BPEL and BPMN
Difference between BPEL and BPMN [message #1695815] Tue, 19 May 2015 14:08 Go to next message
Hailah M. is currently offline Hailah M.Friend
Hi everyone ,,

Could u plz give me from ur time and answering my question : (

What's the difference between BPEL and BPMN ?

All of them are using to describe the business process, and BPEL can execute the model but what else ?
I need some answers don't relate to execution the model Sad

Thank u for ur time and help ..
Re: Difference between BPEL and BPMN [message #1696858 is a reply to message #1695815] Fri, 29 May 2015 06:21 Go to previous message
Ralph Soika is currently offline Ralph SoikaFriend
Hi Hailah,

the short answer you can find in the meaning of the acronym.
BPEL means Business Process Execution Language. BPEL was designed to describe processes running in an runtime environment to execute different processes. BPEL is an technical standard to control the aggregation of WebServices (in most cases SOAP) used to execute a business process.
BPMN means Business Process Modelling Notaion. BPMN was original designed to describe a business process form a non-technical view. It can be used to document a process and to discuss a process by different participants, managers and software developers.
With BPMN 2.0 technical aspects where added. So you can also use BPMN 2.0 today in many BPM and Workflow engines to execute a business process.
And I guess this is the reason why you are confused.
I think BPEL should only be used if your business process is based on WebServices and you need to describe and execute a complex process chorography.

===
Ralph

Previous Topic:Copy/pasting pools between diagrams are supposed to work?
Next Topic:Custom SequenceFlow's extended properties doesn't work for bpmn2.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 20:07:05 GMT 2024