Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Papyrus search issues
Papyrus search issues [message #1695281] Wed, 13 May 2015 09:46 Go to next message
Nicholas Pacini is currently offline Nicholas PaciniFriend
Hello everyone,
i'd like to point out that I've probably found some issues with the Papyrus Search, using Papyrus 1.0.2 on Luna SR2 (Windows 7, 64 bit), when navigating search results.

Consider the following simple model (it is zipped in attachment):
- model : Model
- Component1 : Component
- Component2 : Component
- Package1 : Package
- Component1A : Component

suppose Component1 and Component2 are visualized in a diagram while Component1A is not.

now search "comp" with the Papyrus Search. The search view is filled with the results of the query (matches).

Here's what i get When double-clicking on a match;

1) if the match is visualized in a diagram (e.g Component1) , the Property tab is updated, while the model explorer is updated only if linked with the editor
    2) if the match is not visualized in any diagrams (e.g Component1A), the Property tab is NOT updated, while the model explorer is updated anyway

Do you think this is the expected behaviour? Would you agree with me that the property tab should be updated even for matches not in visualized in diagrams?

Please let me know, I'm really interested in this feature because I have bigger models with lots of information that is not represented in the diagrams but that is very important anyway.

Regards,
Nicholas
  • Attachment: ZPapyrus.zip
    (Size: 2.11KB, Downloaded 98 times)
Re: Papyrus search issues [message #1695289 is a reply to message #1695281] Wed, 13 May 2015 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Nicholas,

I suspect this is a focus issue when revealing the result: both the Diagram and the Model Explorer have their own (distinct) selection, and they both have their own (distinct) page in the properties view. So if you select an element in the ModelExplorer, but the ModelExplorer view is not active, the Diagram's selection may still be displayed in the properties view

So when selecting a match from the Search view, I guess the Papyrus Editor is focussed, even if the match is actually highlighted in the Model Explorer only... So I suppose they should both be focussed (Editor first to ensure that the ModelExplorer displays the right model, then ModelExplorer if the match doesn't exist in a diagram, to ensure that the properties view gets updated...)

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Papyrus search issues [message #1695305 is a reply to message #1695289] Wed, 13 May 2015 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Camille,

thanks for your reply!

Assuming i've understood correctly your explanation, it seems to me that this is an issue of Papyrus, is it?
Could you suggest a workaround? If there's one, of course.

thanks again,
Nicholas
Re: Papyrus search issues [message #1695307 is a reply to message #1695305] Wed, 13 May 2015 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

That's indeed a Papyrus bug. If I'm right (Which is not guaranteed since I'm just guessing), selecting the ModelExplorer View after navigating the search result (By clicking on it's tab header, to avoid changing the selection) should display the right properties view

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Papyrus search issues [message #1695414 is a reply to message #1695281] Thu, 14 May 2015 10:56 Go to previous message
Hello,
thanks very much for confirming it. Could you please tell me if you open a bug about it? So i could track it.
by the way, I can add that while i was doing what i've reported in my first post, I kept open the Papyrus Editor, the Model Explorer View, the Property Tab View and the Search Result View all at the same time.
I've attached a screenshot, I hope it can help.

thanks again,
Nicholas
  • Attachment: Papyrus.png
    (Size: 119.98KB, Downloaded 135 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 14 May 2015 11:00]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Stereotype properties changed in Background not shown in properties view
Next Topic:IsInstance function failed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:21:32 GMT 2024